• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mystery announcer, classic AT40s?

Premiere has been using a new, unidentified announcer to introduce "American Top 40: The 70's" and "...The 80's" because Casey's son Mike apparently has other commitments.

Who is this guy? Is he the same guy who intros another Preem host, Jim Rome?

The word at the AT40 message board is that hes "Larry Morgan". But not the same Larry Morgan who produced AT40 FLashback in '01 an '02.

I think they've changed again, this past weekend I heard Casey Kasem announcing the extras (the last segment of the hour that is usually a short segment that some stations drop that features a song from that week that hadn't reached the top 40). It was 70's era Casey, probably outtakes.

Mainedude2007 said:
I think they've changed again, this past weekend I heard Casey Kasem announcing the extras (the last segment of the hour that is usually a short segment that some stations drop that features a song from that week that hadn't reached the top 40). It was 70's era Casey, probably outtakes.
Once in a while they will leave in one or more Casey-extras, while at other times they will make one or more Casey extras 'optional' extras. It depends on the programs.

shadough said:
The word at the AT40 message board is that hes "Larry Morgan". But not the same Larry Morgan who produced AT40 FLashback in '01 an '02.
He's the EXACT same Larry who was a CC/Premiere executive. His primary job now is morning host at Bonneville-owned KSWD (The Sound) in LA. But he is still Premiere's announcer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom