• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

MYNETWORK TV NEEDS ORIGNIAL PROGRAMMING!

I don't care about MyTVNetwork. Since viewers had an uproar over FOX dropping America's Most Wanted (now on Lifetime), it would have made sense to for them to move AMW to MyTVNetwork. You could now do the same time for Cops because Fox is airing sports on Saturdays. The producers of Cops fear that this season could be their last.

I understand that MyTVNetwork doesn't want to compete against FOX, but it's in the same corporate family and you can do original programming and air reruns on MyTV at the same time.

I totally agree that AMW should've went to My Network TV. Maybe we'll lucky and new (and I mean NEW) programming will come this fall...

Apparently, Keenen Ivory Wayans had been working on the return of 'In Living Color' but feared it might not make it, citing the difference in generations. Here's an idea: Why not have My Network TV air the new 'ILC', given that it briefly aired the 1990s show a few years back...

I think it would be fun if Fox bought the rights to the AFC NFL games too and put them on My Network TV.....but that will never happen because Fox does not need original programming on My.

Personally, I wonder why stations continue to treat MyNet as though it's an actual network when MyNet stations are really just independents in all but name - why are there still stations that run MyNet on a digital subchannel as though it has must-see programming we can't deprive the local market of?

My Network TV could talk to Keenen Ivory Wayans about bringing back 'In Living Color'. I just came up with another idea: Bring back 'Candid Camera' in honor of it's 65th anniversary...

Morgan Wick said:
why are there still stations that run MyNet on a digital subchannel as though it has must-see programming we can't deprive the local market of?

syndicated shows can fill up the programming day

Just out, My's changes for fall:

MyNetworkTV, the home of off-network scripted dramas, will add encores of “Bones” and “Law & Order: Criminal Intent” to its five night (and 10 hour) primetime line-up. Each evening will feature two episodes of the network’s five featured dramas with returning “Law & Order: SVU” on Monday, “House” on Tuesday, “Law & Order: Criminal” on Wednesday, “Bones” on Thursday, and returning “Monk” on Friday

My network tv should air movies from its parent company which has thousands of movies, and maybe some fox shows that were canceled in the last few years. Shows like the finder, Alcatraz, AMW, the Cleveland show, and more recently touch and the Goodwin games. All of these shows did well but apparently not goo enough for fox.

Let's play that 1974 Dipsy Doodle show tape; it's gotta be around in someone's archives. And we can bring the concept back for future consideration. Also, let's revive some variety shows like "Your Hit Parade," "Your Show Of Shows," "The Hollywood Palace" and "Toast Of The Town." We could run the first 2 on Saturday night and play the other 2 on Sunday night. And all of them can be aired Live!

ORIGINAL MY NETWORK PROGRAMMING 7 NIGHTS A WEEK (MY IDEA'S)

MONDAY

7PM YOU CANT DO THAT ON TELIVISION (1 HOUR, LIVE, VARIETY SERIES)
8PM WHAT'S MY LINE (REVIVAL GAME SHOW)
8:30 NAME THAT TUNE (REVIVAL GAME SHOW)

TUESDAY

7PM TUESDAY NIGHTS AT THE MOVIES

WEDNESDAYS

7PM STORM LAKE (SOAP OPERA)
8PM CIRCLE OF FRIENDS (SOAP OPERA)

THURSDAY
7PM AMERICAN BANDSTAND (REVIVAL, LIVE)
8PM THE CIRCUS (VARIETY, LIVE)

FRIDAY
7PM KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS (REVIVAL)
7:30 CANDID CAMERA (REVIVAL)
8PM TOTALLY HIDDEN VIDEO (REVIVAL)
8:30 AMERICA'S FUNNIEST PEOPLE (REVIVAL)

SATURDAY
7PM GAME SHOW TORNAMENT (GAME SHOW)
8PM STAR SEARCH (REVIVAL)

SUNDAY

6PM MY FAMILY (COMEDY)
6:30 LIFE WITH MARY (COMEDY)
7PM ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT (COMEDY)
7:30 FAMILY TROUBLES (COMEDY)
8PM LOVE & MARRIAGE (COMEDY)
8:30 SECOND TIME AROUND (COMEDY)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom