• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

My Two Hours

A

AllMightySting

With all the talk of good and bad alternative stations, I thought I'd get some feedback (good/bad) on the last couple hours of my shift today at Cleveland non-comm alt rocker WBWC.........(flame suit on)

4:48pm - Gin Blossoms - "Found Out About You"
4:52pm - Alice In Chains - "Rooster (Live)"
4:56pm - Plus 44 - "When Your Heart Stops Beating"

5pm

5:03pm - Soul Coughing - "Circles"
5:07pm - Hoobastank - "Born To Lead"
5:11pm - Damien Rice - "9 Crimes"
5:15pm - Hellogoodbye - "Here(In Your Arms)"
5:19pm - Pearl Jam - "Dissident"
5:23pm - The Killers - "Bones"
5:27pm - Simply Waiting - "Awaken Upon Arrival"
5:32pm - My Chemical Romance - "Famous Last Words"
5:36pm - Orgy - "Blue Monday"
5:40pm - Relient K - "Must Have Done Something Right"
5:44pm - Evanescence - "Lithium"
5:48pm - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - "Face Down"
5:52pm - The White Stripes - "Fell In Love With A Girl"
5:55pm - The Shins - "Phantom Limb"

6pm

6:03pm - Modest Mouse - "Dashboard"
6:07pm - Smashing Pumpkins - "1979"
6:11pm - Dashboard Confessional - "Stolen"
6:15pm - Stars Of Track And Field - "Movies Of Antarctica"
6:19pm - Foo Fighters - "This Is A Call"
6:23pm - Shiny Toy Guns - "Le Disko"
6:27pm - Between The Trees - "White Lines and Red Lights"
6:32pm - Radiohead - "High And Dry"
6:36pm - The Ataris - "Not Capable Of Love"
6:40pm - Brand New - "Sowing Season (Yeah)"
6:44pm - The Cardigans - "I Need Some Fine Wine...."
6:48pm - Urge Overkill - "Sister Havana"
6:52pm - Idlewild - "A Modern Way Of Lettng Go"

Definitely a good variety of artists without there being way too much variety, and a good mix of some of the older titles with the new ones. The Damien Rice was a nice touch, since probably only a small handful of alternative rockers would actually play Damien--usually you'd hear Damien on a AAA station.

Jacko

What makes your show different than any other? I mean it doesn't look much different that what I hear on the radio.

marko83 said:
What makes your show different than any other? I mean it doesn't look much different that what I hear on the radio.

It doesn't look much different because it isn't. It's not my show, its more of a regular DJ shift. We have some control over what we play, but not total. Much closer to doing a shift at a traditional commercial alt. station. Probably more currents than a run-of-the-mill alt. station would have.....just thought I'd seek out some feedback.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom