• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

My post was deleted.

V

VoodooBones

I noticed that my post was deleted by RadioJJ when I was posting a response to the Tracy Taylor thread. Could the fact that the following is in his bio have anything to do with it?

3-7 m-f on 95.7 KJR-FM Seattle(957kjrfm.cm

Bias moderation? Perhaps.
Read this quick before it is deleted!

> I noticed that my post was deleted by RadioJJ when I was
> posting a response to the Tracy Taylor thread. Could the
> fact that the following is in his bio have anything to do
> with it?
>
> 3-7 m-f on 95.7 KJR-FM Seattle(957kjrfm.cm
>
>
> Bias moderation? Perhaps.
> Read this quick before it is deleted!
>

Was a reason given for deletion or was the post just removed? Seems to me that if a post was just removed for no reason, that is wrong. Just my opinion.

> > I noticed that my post was deleted by RadioJJ when I was
> > posting a response to the Tracy Taylor thread. Could the
> > fact that the following is in his bio have anything to do
> > with it?
> >
> > 3-7 m-f on 95.7 KJR-FM Seattle(957kjrfm.cm
> >
> >
> > Bias moderation? Perhaps.
> > Read this quick before it is deleted!
> >
>
> Was a reason given for deletion or was the post just
> removed? Seems to me that if a post was just removed for no
> reason, that is wrong. Just my opinion.
>
Hmmmm. Boards aren't supposed to have biased admins. I hope this isn't the case.

> I noticed that my post was deleted by RadioJJ when I was
> posting a response to the Tracy Taylor thread. Could the
> fact that the following is in his bio have anything to do
> with it?
>
> 3-7 m-f on 95.7 KJR-FM Seattle(957kjrfm.cm
>
>
> Bias moderation? Perhaps.
> Read this quick before it is deleted!
>

Talk hard!

Re: ?

> > > Hmmmm. Boards aren't supposed to have biased admins.
>
> Says who?
>
To be able to moderate a board honestly and impartially, admins and mods should not be biased. I am a moderator on a different board. It is difficult to be impartial sometimes. When that comes up, it is up to me to recognize that and turn it over to someone who can be impartial and unbiased

> > > I noticed that my post was deleted by RadioJJ when I was
>
> > > posting a response to the Tracy Taylor thread. Could the
>
> > > fact that the following is in his bio have anything to
> do
> > > with it?
> > >
> > > 3-7 m-f on 95.7 KJR-FM Seattle(957kjrfm.cm
> > >
> > >
> > > Bias moderation? Perhaps.
> > > Read this quick before it is deleted!
> > >
> >
> > Was a reason given for deletion or was the post just
> > removed? Seems to me that if a post was just removed for
> no
> > reason, that is wrong. Just my opinion.
> >
> Hmmmm. Boards aren't supposed to have biased admins. I hope
> this isn't the case.
>

is this board owned by the cowles????

not biased....

to voo-doo bones and others.....no biased involved on my part---I have no agenda and enjoy very much reading about radio stations and their people.....but when I get an e-mail from someone that I know personally or even have never met----that has been posted about----telling me that the posts are not true and they would like them deleted...then I go ahead and delete posts......

I'm sure if there were posts made about you that weren't true you would expect the same courtesy----which I would also provide. If someone doesn't like someone that's fine---if you feel that way you may state that----but it's a tasteless post when someone states that someone has slept with virtually everyone in the Clear Channel Building, and the other posts that I deleted......those kind of slanderous posts will NOT be tolerated.

And since I work for Clear Channel---IF what was posted was the case, Tracy certantly wouldn't be coming back to work for them.....CC does have it's rules and policies and violaters are not tolerated----regardless of their position or tenure with the company.

I will leave the posts about this topic up for a few more days.....

In looking back over the few years that I've been one of the moderators---- there have been very few posts I have deleted---unless it gets down to name calling, or the "F" or "S" words are used. Or something else that would be considered an explitive deleti. Or if someone requests action on a post--as was the case with these.....

so----so steal from the Fox News Channel-----I am indeed "Fair & Balanced....." And the "spin" does stop here.......

<P ID="signature">______________
Your Spokane & Seattle Radio Pal..and Seattle Moderator...

J.J. Hemingway</P>

Re: not biased....

>
> I'm sure if there were posts made about you that weren't
> true you would expect the same courtesy----which I would
> also provide. If someone doesn't like someone that's
> fine---if you feel that way you may state that----but it's a
> tasteless post when someone states that someone has slept
> with virtually everyone in the Clear Channel Building, and
> the other posts that I deleted......those kind of slanderous
> posts will NOT be tolerated.

JJ I'll jump to your defense on this one.

I don't know the woman the thread was about, but there's no need to start "trashing" someone's character on this board. Grow up boys.

You did the right thing mr. moderator.

JJ~
I never said that she slept with anyone so lets make sure that is clear. I would also like to note that there were neither foul words exchanged nor any threats.
The only thing I posted was that when she gets out of her comfort zone she goes running to the nearest form of authority and says that she is being picked on. I do not see any reason for my post being deleted. She asked you to deleted them and they were as good as gone.

Before you jump to anyone’s defense did you happen to read the original post? If not then your are basing your judgment on nothing but speculation.

radiojj, as a fellow moderator (on another site) I have to say that just up and deleting something because someone asks you to is not fair. If someone were to post things about me that were not true, I would like the opportunity to defend myself. To complain to mods because they do not like what was posted is cowardly. If you do not like what is posted, then defend yourself. As a moderator, IMO, you should have asked both parties to state their cases not just up and delete without giving the deletee a chance to remedy or apologize.

> Before you jump to anyone’s defense did you happen to read
> the original post? If not then your are basing your judgment
> on nothing but speculation.
>

And furthermore, I don't know you JJ, but if what you say holds true, then why aren't you deleting all of the other hateful things said about people like Lisa Wood, Andy Savage, Robin Erickson etc. There have been MANY slanderous and hurtful posts about a lot of people here, but you seem to have a protective bias on this one.

> And furthermore, I don't know you JJ, but if what you say
> holds true, then why aren't you deleting all of the other
> hateful things said about people like Lisa Wood, Andy
> Savage, Robin Erickson etc. There have been MANY slanderous
> and hurtful posts about a lot of people here, but you seem
> to have a protective bias on this one.

As far as those posts...no complaints were received from Lisa Wood, Andy Savage or Robin Erickson.....had they complained---or said what was posted was not true--according to them----then I would have deleted those posts.......in a way---it's like the old phrase "The squeaky wheel gets the grease...."

Generally I will let posts ride, unless the person being posted about will take the time to ask to have action taken on a post.

Hopefully we can get back to posting about radio and what people in radio are doing.....rather than their personal lives....but then again "inquiring minds want to know....." so...what is a moderator to do?!?!?!?!

Your Spokane & Seattle Radio Pal..and Seattle Moderator...

J.J. Hemingway</P>

hmm it seems to me that if someone complained about anything, a post or whatever it may be.. you should read it and determine if it was 'trashing' him or her as a moderator.

> JJ,
You did the right thing. The post's in question should have been deleted even quicker, but I know you can't be on here all the time. The posts in question bordered on slander. We really don't need to know who's sleeping with who on this board. Maybe those who think we do need to start their own board!
Mini
> As far as those posts...no complaints were received from
> Lisa Wood, Andy Savage or Robin Erickson.....had they
> complained---or said what was posted was not true--according
> to them----then I would have deleted those posts.......in a
> way---it's like the old phrase "The squeaky wheel gets the
> grease...."
>
> Generally I will let posts ride, unless the person being
> posted about will take the time to ask to have action taken
> on a post.
>
>
> Hopefully we can get back to posting about radio and what
> people in radio are doing.....rather than their personal
> lives....but then again "inquiring minds want to know....."
> so...what is a moderator to do?!?!?!?!
>

> Oh yeah JJ so in all the years that you've worked for Clear Channel NO ONE has EVER broken one of their sacred rules or tough policies set to govern those who work for them.
I'm not here to say that Tracy did or didn't do what Chef has alledged but I find it more than amusing JJ that you would say that because there are rules in place at CC to guard against such behavior that it didn't and doesn't go in which is just a naive assertion on your part.
You and I both know that these sorts of things go on all the time in all office & workplace settings and you can have all the rules and policies in place you like that will never guarantee 100 % compliance on any level be from interns on up to CEO's.
You can say you're not biased at all but the fact that both you the moderator and the postee - Tracy work for the same company, add in that KJR AM has been hyping her return to the Mitch in the Morning show and well it sure stinks of bias and someone trying to protect a Clear Channel asset.
I will not come out and say you're biased as I don't know you but the situation and circumstances sure make it look so.

to voo-doo bones and others.....no biased involved on my
> part---I have no agenda and enjoy very much reading about
> radio stations and their people.....but when I get an e-mail
> from someone that I know personally or even have never
> met----that has been posted about----telling me that the
> posts are not true and they would like them deleted...then I
> go ahead and delete posts......
>
> I'm sure if there were posts made about you that weren't
> true you would expect the same courtesy----which I would
> also provide. If someone doesn't like someone that's
> fine---if you feel that way you may state that----but it's a
> tasteless post when someone states that someone has slept
> with virtually everyone in the Clear Channel Building, and
> the other posts that I deleted......those kind of slanderous
> posts will NOT be tolerated.
>
> And since I work for Clear Channel---IF what was posted was
> the case, Tracy certantly wouldn't be coming back to work
> for them.....CC does have it's rules and policies and
> violaters are not tolerated----regardless of their position
> or tenure with the company.
>
> I will leave the posts about this topic up for a few more
> days.....
>
> In looking back over the few years that I've been one of the
> moderators---- there have been very few posts I have
> deleted---unless it gets down to name calling, or the "F" or
> "S" words are used. Or something else that would be
> considered an explitive deleti. Or if someone requests
> action on a post--as was the case with these.....
>
> so----so steal from the Fox News Channel-----I am indeed
> "Fair & Balanced....." And the "spin" does stop here.......
>
I'm on RZAradio..I'm on a RZAradio..ohhhhhhhh!!!!</P>

Re: ?

> > > I and any one else who frequents ANY message board says so.
The job of the MODERATOR is to be a fair and impartial overseer to keep order in an unbiased manner.
Whether they like the people involved in the disputed postings or not they're duty bound to be fair and impartial much like a judge.
It's not their place to protect their friends or co workers but rather just ensure the board runs smoothly and in some serious cases that anything slanderous is not posted.
I would dare to say that what Chef posted was not slanderous at all, salacious maybe but not slanderous in the least.

Hmmmm. Boards aren't supposed to have biased admins.
>
> Says who?
>
I'm on RZAradio..I'm on a RZAradio..ohhhhhhhh!!!!</P>

YIKES JJ

As someone who was once a salaried administrator for MSNBC back when they operated about 200 message boards (there were seven Mods), I can tell ya, you don't just delete or edit posts when someone you know sends an email complaining that what another poster said isn't true.

You are obligated to find out the veracity of what was said before just deleting it in what would seem like a personal favor.
From reading your post, it sounded like you were saying that the only reason you deleted that post is because the object of the post emailed you, and since that person is a personal friend, you deleted the post. Which begs the question, if someone were to post something about any other poster here, whom you don't know, and they emailed you saying it was a lie, would you delete that post too? (See where I'm going?) It's all about APPEARENCES and it would APPEAR that in this case, you don't know or care if what was said is true, but you deleted the post in question only because it insulted/hurt a friend of yours.

People in the public light accept, as part of their fame or infamy as it were, that other folks are sometimes going to say things about them that are unkind, unfair, and even sometimes, untrue.

> > JJ,
> You did the right thing. The post's in question should have
> been deleted even quicker, but I know you can't be on here
> all the time. The posts in question bordered on slander.
> We really don't need to know who's sleeping with who on this
> board. Maybe those who think we do need to start their own
> board!
> Mini

Mini~
Here is what I don't get, did I say Tracy was sleeping with anyone in any of my post? No I did not. So why should my post have been deleted "quicker"? Did you read my original post before it was deleted?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom