• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

My fm going bye -Bye

Questor said:
I was curious to hear the difference on a car radio. Yeah, some of the tinniness takes getting used to. Yet surprisingly when on 92.5 FM, no sudden disappearance of signal when entering garages or going under freeway overpasses.

I was listening to Rush at the time explaining why not to take Trump too seriously.

I'm tempted to do like those dudes with the booming big bass and crank 92.5FM full blast -- in Rio Linda!

I find myself preferring the sound of 92.5. As others have mentioned, it is certainly not perfect, but it does sound better than AM.

Speaking of Trump, I just heard Perry and Bachman have declined to be in his "debate". Since Romney, Huntsman, and Paul have already declined, this leaves only Gingrich who said he'll do it. Won't be much of a debate with just Newt and the Donald. BTW, is it just me or are you sick of the 835 GOP debates? :-\

Perhaps an audio router in the engineering room is at fault. Anyone's guess.

Big D said:
Mediaace said:
The issue that has annoyed me most is the audio bleed-through from 101.1 KHYL Auburn (V-101.1). I assume it is leaking through the STL path. Does 92.5 and 101.1 audio travel together to KGBY's TX site, then 101.1 continue on to it's site in Cool ultimately double-hopping? When 92.5's compression rises through quiet passages; I here 101.1's audio increase, kind of like hearing music seep through the wall of a neighboring apartment. I'm surprised engineering has not caught this.

I thought I was the only one who noticed the KHYL bleed. I would think 101.1 has a direct line of sight from Ethan Way without having to go to Elverta. I believe they relay KHLX thru Pine Hill to get to the Grizzly Flat tx site.

Mediaace said:
Perhaps an audio router in the engineering room is at fault. Anyone's guess.

Big D said:
Mediaace said:
The issue that has annoyed me most is the audio bleed-through from 101.1 KHYL Auburn (V-101.1). I assume it is leaking through the STL path. Does 92.5 and 101.1 audio travel together to KGBY's TX site, then 101.1 continue on to it's site in Cool ultimately double-hopping? When 92.5's compression rises through quiet passages; I here 101.1's audio increase, kind of like hearing music seep through the wall of a neighboring apartment. I'm surprised engineering has not caught this.

I thought I was the only one who noticed the KHYL bleed. I would think 101.1 has a direct line of sight from Ethan Way without having to go to Elverta. I believe they relay KHLX thru Pine Hill to get to the Grizzly Flat tx site.

Since the STL's are digital (or were a few years ago) it's more likely a router issue. In my time, KHYL was fed via P2P T1 with a direct shot digital STL backup. My info is about 5-6 years old so things may have changed.

Back in my day, Jack FM and Classic 93.1 were not in Ethan Way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom