• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

MUSIC OF NEW LIFE Classic CCM program update

This is an update on the classic Christian MUSIC OF NEW LIFE program.

It is now airing Sunday evenings at 8 pm Eastern Time on WJJD The Country Giant,
following 20 The Countdown Magazine.

It has expanded to a 3-hour broadcast every week and is streamed in-house. The basic format focuses
on classic CCM music.

Just wanted to let you know the show is still going, although I discontinued the 1 hour "mailed CD"
version some time back.

Alan, have you had any problems calling the show "Music of New Life"? Seems like the folks at Music Of Your Life might take issue with you due to listener confusion.

I once did a CCM oldies show - with my collection of old vinyl and cassettes. It was wildly popular - but I didn't have enough material to keep it going on a regular basis.

KSBJ did a CCM oldies show at one time back in the 90's.

The "Music of New Life" moniker originated at WCVC back in 1977. They used that slogan for the few CCM music segments they aired, especially during the 80s.

I brought it back as a local program only on WCVC with the classic CCM angle in 1997. When I purchased the music library from WCVC in 2003 following a format change, I just brought the name over as well.
No issues so far, but I'm not that attached to the name, anyway. The local folks know what it is, and we haven't had Music of Your Life in the market in about 20 years.

The music comes from CDs, cassettes and vinyl, both LPs and even some 45s that were about to be tossed at 'CVC. They gave me a lot of stuff and I purchased pretty much everything else that was left.
Since they were CCM from 1977 to 2001, it's a lot of music.

The show is done live, in a studio with turntables, CD players, etc.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom