• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Msaoldies.com

Has anyone ever used this service? Their ala' carte menu is very intriguing, with over 16,000 songs available. The price seems right as well. If you've used them, do you go the USB route? Also, I note they use WAV. files. Here comes the dumb question...how can you convert WAV. files to mp3's? That's predominantly what we use.

wrsg915fm said:
Has anyone ever used this service? Their ala' carte menu is very intriguing, with over 16,000 songs available. The price seems right as well. If you've used them, do you go the USB route? Also, I note they use WAV. files. Here comes the dumb question...how can you convert WAV. files to mp3's? That's predominantly what we use.

Here's a link to a FREE file converter download:

http://www.eusing.com/CDRipper/CDRipper.htm

I just ordered two songs from them. I'm not sure though, if they'll sell to Internet stations. Guess I'll find out when they call me. Will report back on this later.

Just thought I'd post an update on my experience with msaoldies. First off, the owner Bob was very pleasant on the phone and gave me his personal number to use if I should have to reach him after business hours. His take on Internet stations is that he wants to verify you're paying royalties, so anyone who's with Loudcity or Live365 shouldn't have a problem.

I ordered two songs. Both were the original versions and both had very good sound quality. The 70mb download took about nine minutes to do and the program he sent me to download them with took about three or four minutes to install. Transferring the songs to my music library on my computer was a snap. The songs, of course, are licensed for airplay only. You can't legally share them, burn them to CD or put them on your MP3 player. I'm cool with that as most of what I'll buy from him is stuff I'd never listen to in my personal life anyhow but instead is music that I need to make my station authentic sounding. I definitely will be buying more stuff from the site and recommend you check it out.

LowTideNumber6 said:
Just thought I'd post an update on my experience with msaoldies. First off, the owner Bob was very pleasant on the phone and gave me his personal number to use if I should have to reach him after business hours. His take on Internet stations is that he wants to verify you're paying royalties, so anyone who's with Loudcity or Live365 shouldn't have a problem.

I ordered two songs. Both were the original versions and both had very good sound quality. The 70mb download took about nine minutes to do and the program he sent me to download them with took about three or four minutes to install. Transferring the songs to my music library on my computer was a snap. The songs, of course, are licensed for airplay only. You can't legally share them, burn them to CD or put them on your MP3 player. I'm cool with that as most of what I'll buy from him is stuff I'd never listen to in my personal life anyhow but instead is music that I need to make my station authentic sounding. I definitely will be buying more stuff from the site and recommend you check it out.

I am having a hard time digesting the legality of this operation.....especially when I believe that 99.9% of his cutomers will not honor the covenants. Heck, I have probably close to 75,000 titles and I don't see how I could get away with selling those on the open market like this, before the RIAA, steps in. I can load maybe 3,800-4,400 cuts on a 8g flash drive, at a buck apiece plus the cost of the flash drive , that a nice chunk of change.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom