• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

morning shows instead of live audio on some clear channel streams

I noticed that KHKS along with KHFI out of Austin stream their respective morning shows on their live streams. Is this a new direction for clear channel or something temporary? I think KVET out of Austin is their actual live audio. So perhaps it's just the top 40 stations.

Gordonradio said:
I noticed that KHKS along with KHFI out of Austin stream their respective morning shows on their live streams. Is this a new direction for clear channel or something temporary? I think KVET out of Austin is their actual live audio. So perhaps it's just the top 40 stations.

I don't get what you're saying. A live stream of a station is "live" as far as what the station is airing. I don't understand... ???

The KHKS stream seems to be running Kidd Kraddick all the time along with KHFI in Austin running their morning show and a new featured song from Iheart radio during the breaks.

Gordonradio said:
The KHKS stream seems to be running Kidd Kraddick all the time along with KHFI in Austin running their morning show and a new featured song from Iheart radio during the breaks.

Your saying they are running ("all the time") 24/7 Kraddick on the stream(s) or?

Well I know the past few nights they have. I'll admit I've check it after midnight, but it was long before the show aired live on the radio. So I check KHFI out of Austin as well and they were doing the same thing. Perhaps this is something they do after midnight to promote their morning shows.

Gordonradio said:
Well I know the past few nights they have. I'll admit I've check it after midnight, but it was long before the show aired live on the radio. So I check KHFI out of Austin as well and they were doing the same thing. Perhaps this is something they do after midnight to promote their morning shows.

That is odd...
When I was doing sports radio we would have to cover play by play from Rangers, Cowboys, Nascar/Indycar so we would throw a best of show on the stream. But I've never heard of "music radio" doing that. You could be right about morning show promotion since the station is likely fully automated or at best voice tracked from heaven knows where over-nights..

Because of the high cost of music royalties, Clear Channel began airing morning shows, minus the music, on many of its streams in the overnight hours. I believe some of the country stations that don't air Bobby Bones only air music from labels they have royalty deals with, like Big Machine, instead of the regular over-the-air programming. This is probably what you're hearing.

Kent said:
Because of the high cost of music royalties, Clear Channel began airing morning shows, minus the music, on many of its streams in the overnight hours. I believe some of the country stations that don't air Bobby Bones only air music from labels they have royalty deals with, like Big Machine, instead of the regular over-the-air programming. This is probably what you're hearing.

That makes me a little insane, I think. Running morning shows from music stations without the music makes me think of the Elvis concert album that was released with only the talking and no actual songs.

This is not new -- Since they launched the iHeart platform nationally they have been covering overnights on a lot of stations with either alternative content from the iHeart library or they air things like Morning show "best of's" during that time spot instead of the actual on air signal.

For instance here in Columbus OH -- WNCI runs "The Best Of The Morning Zoo" (Local morning show) overnights on the iHeart stream while the local FM signal has Sisanie voice tracked with normal music log.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom