• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

More radio war stories?

Xnewsie

Inactive
Inactive User
Seeing how as the "stupidest listener calls" and "best prizes" threads were such a success, I thought I'd tell another odd story.

Shortly after I graduated from college, I took a part-time on-air job at a locally-owned news/talk station. As I soon found out, the station's GM sounded a lot like myself on the phone, so I was constantly having to forward calls to his office. One day, I found myself in a rather awkward situation; a conversation with an angry co-owner.

Me: "Good afternoon, W____."
Him: (Annoyed tone) "Yeah, hi. Listen, we need to talk...*now*."
Me: "Uhh...what about?"
Him: "We checked the account today, and the money isn't there. Where's the money?"
Me: (PAUSE)
Him: "So...how are gonna work this out, Dan?"
Me: I'm sorry, but I think you've mistaken me for someone else..."
Him: You mean this isn't Dan?"
Me: "No."
Him: "Who is this?"
Me: "The morning show host."
Him: "Oh. *Hi*, buddy...how ya doin'?"

As I later found out, the GM was in hot water over some loans involving his partners, or some such financial trouble. A salesman I worked with at the time suggested I should have told the guy to jump in a lake and hang up, leaving a befuddled GM to pick up the pieces. Thankfully, I'm a nice guy. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom