• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

MONITOR BEACON

Heard it and do not understand why it is in the mix? Keep thinking format change when i hear something like that.

Nock

ABQRADIO said:
Well, now I have heard something truly unique - the Monitor Beacon on Wavjazz.net. Pretty cool. :-* AC Tones, Where did you get that - from http://www.monitorbeacon.net/sounds/Monitor_Beacon.mp3? Or another source?

Can't take the credit for that one, ABQRADIO. Well, I'll take partial credit for it since it is my station. :D But that one came courtesy of my wavjazz.net partner in crime, and longtime RI buddy, majaman78. Mark's input over the last 3 years has been invaluable in helping to keep the programming tight. He has a GREAT ear for this music, almost as good as mine. ;D I am grateful for his friendship, and his contributions to the station (monetary and otherwise). And if he does not agree to step up and pledge his assistance in the 11th hour, I might not be on the air right now.

Funny story about the Monitor Beacon. majaman78 slipped that one under my nose, and when I heard it for the first time, I said, "WTH is that?" I thought the SoundExchange police were shutting me down! :D He shared with me its origin and place in radio history, and as quirky as the thing sounds, it slowly started to grow on me. It probably could stand to be about 20 seconds shorter, but we can work on that. Thanks for the feedback, and thanks again for listening!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom