• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mojo Mornings....

where are they going another station in fargo? or is the station collecting eeo applications for a job that doesn't exist.

Ad reads exactly thus:

MORNINGS - Fargo, ND
by jaw » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:44 am
MOJO 104 FM IN FARGO, NORTH DAKOTA IS LOOKING FOR ITS NEXT MORNING SHOW.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WAY TOP 40 SOUNDED IN THE LATE 70'S? CAN YOU DELIVER THAT BOSS JOCK SOUND AND ENERGY? IF YOU KNOW WHAT “CRUSH AND ROLL” IS AND CAN DELIVER COMPELLING LOCAL, TOPICAL, FUN CONTENT WHILE CELEBRATING THE MUSIC…THEN LET’S TALK!

WE OFFER AN EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE SALARY, GREAT BENEFITS, STATE OF THE ART FACILITIES, LOCAL OWNERSHIP AND ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO SUCCEED! TEAMS AND INDIVIDUALS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.

EMAIL US YOUR BEST STUFF…AIRCHECK, PRODUCTION SAMPLES, RESUME, ONE PAGE MORNING SHOW PHILOSOPHY, RECENT PICTURE AND SALARY REQUIREMENT TO: [email protected]

Mike Waters
Program Director
MOJO 104
1020 25th St. S.
Fargo, ND 58103

i guess they're not being fired, they were both on the air this morning and the last time i looked they were on the website, whats up with them where are they going? i can't imagine either one of them leaving the market.

ebol said:
Folks at the radio station seemed confused. I emailled them about it when I saw the ad.
confused in what way? who did you talk to and what did they say?
look, this is probably a "Scam" to collect resume's to put in their file for EEO and nobody is leaving.
dan michaels has never worked in any other market but fargo, and couldn't cut it anywhere else, he will be there for life, like so many in the market, radio people haven't changed there in well over 25 years.

They replied that nobody was leaving...and "where did you hear that?"

I copied the ad and sent it to them.

Maybe they are playing games. Not very professional,and when so many folks out of work it isn't very cool playing games.

ebol said:
They replied that nobody was leaving...and "where did you hear that?"

I copied the ad and sent it to them.

Maybe they are playing games. Not very professional,and when so many folks out of work it isn't very cool playing games.
word to the wise... when you see an opening posted check it out. it is not the first time i've seen something like this over the past few months. like i said in a previous post, there are NO jobs but, stations still have to "Reach Out" and collect those eeo resumes even though nothing is there. cruel indeed.

Nancy Odney and her genius consultants that she trusts so much decided to hire John Landecker to replace Dan. Dan has time left of his contract but wants out. He's friends with Jim, so he got Jim to agree to let him out, and let him do middays. So Dan goes on the air and announces his retirment.

Landecker comes in, does an on-air tryout with Ryan, absolutely melts down. Rumors of mental problems abound. Same weekend Nancy decides Landecker ain't gonna make it, so she calls Dan back and asks him to return to Mornings. He agrees to do it until the end of the year or until they find a replacement.

Dan will soon be gone from mornings, and you can expect he'll be working on his voiceovber business full-time very soon.

CandyCain said:
Nancy Odney and her genius consultants that she trusts so much decided to hire John Landecker to replace Dan. Dan has time left of his contract but wants out. He's friends with Jim, so he got Jim to agree to let him out, and let him do middays. So Dan goes on the air and announces his retirment.

Landecker comes in, does an on-air tryout with Ryan, absolutely melts down. Rumors of mental problems abound. Same weekend Nancy decides Landecker ain't gonna make it, so she calls Dan back and asks him to return to Mornings. He agrees to do it until the end of the year or until they find a replacement.

Dan will soon be gone from mornings, and you can expect he'll be working on his voiceovber business full-time very soon.

C'mon, you gotta be Sh*&in' me! is this THE John Landecker formerly of WLS? who had the meltdown landecker or Ryan? and when did this happen? i want to hear the aircheck!

cspotrun said:
C'mon, you gotta be Sh*&in' me! is this THE John Landecker formerly of WLS? who had the meltdown landecker or Ryan? and when did this happen? i want to hear the aircheck!

Yes. And the same Landecker that put his tail between his hind legs and went back to his small Indiana AM to do a midday thing, after failing in Fargo.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. (Hey, it happens.)

pbf1 said:
cspotrun said:

Yes. And the same Landecker that put his tail between his hind legs and went back to his small Indiana AM to do a midday thing, after failing in Fargo.
Oh, how the mighty have fallen. (Hey, it happens.)
the connection..landecker is in a consultancy with "talk consultant" Jon Quick(who i imagine) has something to do with KFGO
i don't imagine landecker was serious about moving to fargo to do a live morning show, it was a 1 shot thing he did just for kicks, and maybe he was looking for a client to consult. by the way landecker has a nationally syndicated 70's show..IF he were serious about the fargo thing...YES the mighty would have fallen.. i don't think he needs fargo.

Landecker was being toted around Fargo... in RFM's hopes of doing damage to Scott Hennen.
John Landecker had no plans in staying in Fargo, but as mentioned earlier maybe consulting it.

Now Ingstad has spent a fortune of cash to get stations to book well.. and they sound like crap. RFM folks has a financial issue. 3 stations listed with a broker, and KFGO has a "Class D" sounding team on the air.

Bruce Kelly joins Mojo 104 for mornings from Miami! Geez did somebody tell him its COLD in Fargo?
he's just in time to get there and have the station sold out from under him! :eek:

cspotrun said:
Bruce Kelly joins Mojo 104 for mornings from Miami! Geez did somebody tell him its COLD in Fargo?
he's just in time to get there and have the station sold out from under him! :eek:

OK, stupid question, indulge me: did Bruce Kelly really move to Fargo, or is he doing the ISDN thing? ???

jimwalsh2001 said:
cspotrun said:
OK, stupid question, indulge me: did Bruce Kelly really move to Fargo, or is he doing the ISDN thing? ???
Yes, he's moved to Fargo, BUT he won't be there long. trust me. this economy makes people do things they would not do normally.

observation on Bruce Kelly.... How did this guy EVER work in Miami? NOT IMPRESSED.
Michaels a little better, i think he must have had issues with the PD/management or something.

And he probably wouldn't be impressed with you.

Bruce Kelly # 1 in Miami twice.
# 1 Phoenix.
# 1 DC
# 1 Boston
# 1 Pittsburgh
And programmed # 1 channel on XM.

Dan Michaels ?
Fargo.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom