• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

MLB Launches 3 Regional Channels on Opening Day

San Diego - Padres TV
Phoenix and Tuscon, AZ - Diamondbacks TV
Denver - Rockies TV

All 3 are on their own cable, U-Verse, and DirecTV Channels. Rockies TV will also be available on Fubo. Programming is the live games, pre and post game shows. It's unknown if there will be replays or other shows down the road. Streaming apps are live for all 3. If successful, this could be the model for other teams in future seasons.

Last edited:
San Diego - Padres TV
Phoenix and Tuscon, AZ - Diamondbacks TV
Denver - Rockies TV

All 3 are on their own cable, U-Verse, and DirecTV Channels. Rockies TV will also be available on Fubo. Programming is the live games, pre and post game shows. It's unknown if there will be replays or other shows down the road. Streaming apps are live for all 3. If successful, this could be the model for other teams in future seasons.
what no Twins TV

I wonder how long it will be before the teams that own, or partially own, their cable channels will start feeling the fiscal pinch as cord-cutting accelerates. NESN (Red Sox) is already marketing a streaming service for about $25 a month. I believe YES (Yankees) does something similar. How are the other "self-sufficient" team cable channels doing?

They're not "channels" as much as they are just programming being aired. There's no other content being provided, its just MLB providing the games to cable systems to place somewhere in the home markets.
yep, pretty much a fail safe to those who refuse to cut the cord and watch baseball via streaming services.

They're not "channels" as much as they are just programming being aired. There's no other content being provided, its just MLB providing the games to cable systems to place somewhere in the home markets.

I think that's what really was killing the RSNs. They had to buy relevant sports programming to fill all the down time. How many poker tournaments do we need to see? During the off season, that could be six months. The way MLB is doing it, they just do the game and sign off. Some of the college sports nets do similar things.

I think this is the future. This is what Bob Iger was talking about with linear TV and why he wants to get out of it.

I wonder how long it will be before the teams that own, or partially own, their cable channels will start feeling the fiscal pinch as cord-cutting accelerates. NESN (Red Sox) is already marketing a streaming service for about $25 a month. I believe YES (Yankees) does something similar. How are the other "self-sufficient" team cable channels doing?
The Yankees will always have money flowing in. The Yankees are a brand that prints money. People always want to watch them and will pay for it.

I think that's what really was killing the RSNs. They had to buy relevant sports programming to fill all the down time. How many poker tournaments do we need to see? During the off season, that could be six months. The way MLB is doing it, they just do the game and sign off. Some of the college sports nets do similar things.

I think this is the future. This is what Bob Iger was talking about with linear TV and why he wants to get out of it.
RSNs even aired Pro Wrestling to fill up their weekly schedules

Back
Top Bottom