• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mix 106 Bill Kelly past away

Radio veteran Bill Kelly past away this morning of cancer. Bill had been off the air
for a short time "for health reasons" then the announcement was made this morning.

Bill was morning guy at KWSS, Hot 97.7 and most recently at Mix 106.5 (KEZR)
Bill will be missed by all.

1069_KIFR said:
I believe after X-100, Kelly and Kline went to WTIC in Providence, Rhode Island.

Oh, what's a little misinformation among friends!?

You may be thinking of WTIC-FM Hartford, CT.

(not to mention that "past" = "passed" and "Vurlo" = "Vuolo")

I was Kelly and Kline's news guy on KWSS for a couple years in the mid 1980s. Bill was not only a very talented radio guy; he was just a great guy! His laugh and smile were infectious. He was a mentor and a friend.

Nearly thirty years later, I wish I had done a better job of staying in contact with him. Oh, there were occasional Facebook chats. But, I wish there was more.

RIP, Billy. You will be missed by many.

How sad it was to listen to Mix 106 this morning. The station was on auto pilot (nobody in the studio) during the morning show with a recording of Marla's references to Bill's passing every 15 min. and then followed by a clip of their past shows. even the music sounded so sad this morning. We will miss you!

radio dx said:
Radio veteran Bill Kelly past away this morning of cancer. Bill had been off the air
for a short time "for health reasons" then the announcement was made this morning.

What a shame. I met him when I was a young man touring KWSS and he (and Al Kline) inspired me to be a DJ. Talent guy and someone I looked up to in the radio biz.

stewie said:
radio dx said:

What a shame. I met him when I was a young man touring KWSS and he (and Al Kline) inspired me to be a DJ. Talent guy and someone I looked up to in the radio biz.

I know we've all seen this before.

This is how I remember Bill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIpSpMwiEfU

EDIT: My apologies, saw this had already been posted but can't figure out how to delete this post. :)

I was living in San Jose when Kelly and Cline came back to San Jose. I had never heard of them before but my wife, who had lived in the Bay Area for 20 years was like "oh they're great". I listened to their morning show a lot and they truly were a good refreshing break from Lamont and Tanelli. RIP Bill.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom