• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mix 102.7 is playing Donna Summers new song

J

JD76

Is this a first where Mix is debuting a new song before KTU? Song is pretty good.

> Is this a first where Mix is debuting a new song before KTU?
> Song is pretty good.

For those who were wondering, JD76 was talking about "I Got Your Love," which BTW was played on WKTU(who did a interview with the station and played her new song) and is now getting airplay at WDVW, WCDV and KNGY.

You can find more info and the snippet to the song at www.donnasummer.com and www.itunes.com

> Song is pretty good.
>
That makes sense, considering Donna Summer is one of WNEWs core artists. The more new dance music the NYC stations play, the better. I havent heard the song yet, but am-was a big fan of Donna Summer. And her music continued to evolve after disco. She even had a few hits, in the late 80s and early 90s, that scored on the pop charts. Hopefully if the song isnt too Diva-ish, it could have mass appeal for some HOT AC stations,,,Possibly chr, but I could see Hot AC playing new Donna Summer first. K-big will probably play it, as well as the Diva stations in Louisianna, and eventually probably all the Energys. I wish I could here this song somehow, I am really curious to hear it. Is it on I-tunes or Rhapsody yet?

> > Is this a first where Mix is debuting a new song before
> KTU?
> > Song is pretty good.
>
> For those who were wondering, JD76 was talking about "I Got
> Your Love," which BTW was played on WKTU(who did a interview
> with the station and played her new song) and is now getting
> airplay at WDVW, WCDV and KNGY.
>
> You can find more info and the snippet to the song at
> www.donnasummer.com and www.itunes.com
>
Thanks as usual Robert. Looks like my (LATE) predictions for the song, were right on Q actually.

> Song is pretty good.
>
I heard Donna Summer's new song Wednesday evening on KTU.<P ID="signature">______________
17-year-old radio geek
AIM: KewlDude471</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom