• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Miss CBC-Moncton-1050

The NB station came in well in So.New England and is the only radio station I ever heard that was on Atlantic Time, an hour ahead of us.

It wasn't on 1050, rather 1070, but I know what you mean. It used to be fun catching that one and then flipping through to 740 CBL Toronto or 940 CBM Montreal and then on to 990 CBW Winnipeg...hearing the CBC in 3 different time zones.
:(

~BG

Tincap said:
It wasn't on 1050, rather 1070, but I know what you mean.

Well, it was on 1050, but that was 68 years ago!

(they moved from 1050 to 1070 early in 1941, along with KNX Los Angeles, the other Class I station on the frequency. Most other North American stations also changed frequency on the same day.)

w9wi said:
Tincap said:
It wasn't on 1050, rather 1070, but I know what you mean.

Well, it was on 1050, but that was 68 years ago!

(they moved from 1050 to 1070 early in 1941, along with KNX Los Angeles, the other Class I station on the frequency. Most other North American stations also changed frequency on the same day.)

The move was slightly beyond my years! ;D

~BG

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom