• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Meter out,VB in?

Hearing via @bostonradio that Jon Meterperel got let go from boston dot com morning show on WRKO. They're trying out Doug VB Goudie as cohost

Hearing via @bostonradio that Jon Meterperel got let go from boston dot com morning show on WRKO. They're trying out Doug VB Goudie as cohost

I've listened occasionally and think that would be a good move. Hard to imagine any place in radio that would be good for Meter. Don't think his shtick ever played well, not a comic, not a straight man.

I've listened occasionally and think that would be a good move. Hard to imagine any place in radio that would be good for Meter. Don't think his shtick ever played well, not a comic, not a straight man.

Meter > Minihane (or however you spell it)

What a piss poor website wrko.com is. The whole site is too busy. The last few days I checked to find some info about the morning show and the only thing I found is the statement from a year ago when the show started. Now I see the morning show's page has a blog that has a post a month. The link to Howie's show is to the WRKO stream. The whole thing is a mess.

You'll be similarly let down by trying to find out anything by looking at Carrigan or Meterparel's twitter.

Listen to their audio on demand is pretty frustrating. Oftentimes if you turn the volume up enough to make out what the guest on the phone is saying, the in-studio voices will blast your eardrums. Why would the levels be different from what they are on-air?

Last edited:
When I first heard Trags, I wondered if I was listening to his semi-soundalikes Pat Desmarais or Charlie Manning. It wasn't until the 2nd segment after I started listening that they identified him.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom