• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ME-TV in Nashville

A poster on one of the Television boards was telling me that ME-TV has a affiliate in Nashville and that it is aired on channel 31.1. This is the first I've heard of this. Does anyone know anything about this station at all? I was aware that a channel 31 even existed in the Nashville viewing area.

Yep, it exists. WJDE-LP, about 5kw from the L&C Tower downtown. There's also a 31.2 (SonLife, religious) and 31.3. (HSN)

I also discovered yesterday afternoon there's a channel 42. I think it's on the Regions Bank building on Deadrick between 3rd & 4th. At least, that's the site their analog license calls for. Best I can tell they aren't authorized to operate in digital.. Call letters are WLLC-LD & they're carrying UniMas (in Spanish) on 42.1 and Bounce TV on 42.3. There is no 42.2.

They are digital, they just don't have a license to be digital... (unless there's an STA I'm not finding on the FCC website, which is possible)

The extension LD after the call letters WLLC-LD indicates its an authorized low power "digital" station.

The extension LD after the call letters WLLC-LD indicates its an authorized low power "digital" station.

Yep, but here's the problem... The station is calling itself -LD on the air, but in the CDBS database it's -LP and there is no digital authorization.

The FCC database lists WLLC-LD as channel 41, a digital companion channel of WLLC-LP, channel 42. It was granted in '07 (BDCCDTL-20061024AAD). If you're seeing it as channel 42-1, it's a virtual channel identifier for 41.

The FCC database lists WLLC-LD as channel 41, a digital companion channel of WLLC-LP, channel 42. It was granted in '07 (BDCCDTL-20061024AAD). If you're seeing it as channel 42-1, it's a virtual channel identifier for 41.

I saw the two digital signals last week (42.1 and 42.3)...and they were RF channel 42...not 41. Not seeing anything the past few days...analog or digital. Perhaps a call or two was made to WLLC? FWIW...they were running a lot of local spots on 42.1.

Thursday afternoon @ 230...seeing 42.1 UniMas and 42.3 Bounce - RF channel 42

No, this station was definitely on RF channel 42. I program the PSIP equipment for a major full-power station, I'm not unfamiliar with the virtual channel table.

If you look up BDCCDTL-20061024AAD on the (CDBS search page, you find it expired on January 12, 2010.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom