• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

May 2016 Boston Radio Ratings.

I like a good clean fight and its fun to see a real battle between 'EEI and Sports Hub. Credit due the Entercom people who dug a hole so deep one had to wonder if they'd ever dig out. Sox surely help but Hub still has three of the big four. To my eye it's a clean win for WEEI, fair and square.

Speaking of battles...what's with country? WKLB keeps slipping and the Bull is putting together a string of growth. Greater Media should be embarrassed they can't beat a weaker signal built on syndication.

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb013
WROR still king !

WEEI FM still ahead of WBZ FM.
Is it time for Zo to be given a new co-host ?

WODS making steady gains still.

WJMN with a gain.
Morning show related ?

Why would you say anything about the WEEI vs. The Sports Hub based on these 12+ numbers? The narrower demographic numbers, usually published by Chad Finn, show a different story. WEEI has been doing better, but the winter ratings still had The Sports Hub beating WEEI throughout the day.

Why would you say anything about the WEEI vs. The Sports Hub based on these 12+ numbers?

Because it shows some overall trends....with ALL person's listening to the radio.

As was stated, it shows that WEEI is back in the game after many thought it was down and out.

Demos and Dayparts can be debated for sure, but WEEI quietly made significant gains.

Last edited:
Because it shows some overall trends....with ALL person's listening to the radio.

As was stated, it shows that WEEI is back in the game after many thought it was down and out.

Demos and Dayparts can be debated for sure, but WEEI quietly made significant gains.

as soon as football is back the tide will turn again i'm sure.

Just asking, are you suggesting they are not doing well. Their ratings are consistently at the top of their key demos, spots are sold at a premium price and they go fast. I am not a big fan of sports talk and have never listened to a minute of D&C on EEI but I find T&R very entertaining.

No, the opposite. Whatever the 12+ ratings indicate, T&R said they are dominating Dennis and Callahan. So why look at 12+ as some gauge of how WEEI is doing?

WJMN is really getting killed by its two competitors, 96.9 and the rhythmic-leaning WODS (whose playlist has limited crossover with Kiss 108).

Is it time to start thinking about an 80s-90s pop-rock gold station?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom