• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Matt Siegel & Lisa Donovan OUT @ KISS 108's Matty in the Morning?

I wouldn't be surprised if iHeart hasn't already begun the process to get Duran on Kiss-108.
I see Joseph's point. The only rebuttal I have: If Duran was the plan, why wouldn't they have got that set up during Matty's two week absence?

Started that process? outside of promoting it with social media posts and promos.. they could have it done in a day.. re work the program logs for satellite closures, commercial breaks and local news/traffic reports.... eazy peazy.

Chances of Elvis Duran or any syndicated show going on Kiss - Less than ZERO...

WXKS-FM generates way too much in the way of revenue to throw that away. iHeart has a top 40 initiative to build new morning shows ongoing such as the recent hires of Miguel & Holly in Charlotte, building new local morning shows in places like Cincinnati, and Birmingham, multi-person afternoon shows in Philly, New York, and now Boston, and some weekend shows getting multi-market runs.

From what I've been told to expect, the current team will keep rolling into the summer letting the station to have consistency throughout the remainder of the spring book and ride out in-places sponsorship and marketing agreements. You'll then see one or more new additions to the morning show over the summer as they build a new team to be in-place in time for the fall. Idea is to both retain consistency in the present while building for the future.

A show hosted by Billy Costa and company could be a success since it will seem familiar to the Matty audience, but if it is not, the perfect host is already working in the market, Ramiro Torres. He is familiar to the KISS audience through WJMN, including over a decade as the WJMN morning host during the height of the station’s popularity. He also has an existing morning show audience at WBQT (and a contract preventing him from leaving I’m sure.) He is also talented and good at what he does. It seems that his departure from iHeart years ago was not on the best of terms though when you read between the lines.

I see Joseph's point. The only rebuttal I have: If Duran was the plan, why wouldn't they have got that set up during Matty's two week absence?
Maybe iHeart didn't know for most of Matty's absence that he was going to retire.

Whether Matty's replacement is locally-produced or nationally syndicated, I hope that Kiss 108 will at some point before the replacement begins run a retrospective show of some of his best bits along with congratulatory messages from fellow staffers and major names in Boston (politicians, athletes, business leaders, etc)

If iHeart decides to keep mornings on Kiss-108 local (which quite frankly I doubt they will do although I wish they would), one option might be to move one of their other hosts to mornings.

That way, someone gets promoted, and the new morning person would be someone many (or most) listeners to the station will already be familiar with.

It would be the option with the least risk if they plan to stay local in morning drive.

If iHeart decides to keep mornings on Kiss-108 local (which quite frankly I doubt they will do although I wish they would), one option might be to move one of their other hosts to mornings.

That way, someone gets promoted, and the new morning person would be someone many (or most) listeners to the station will already be familiar with.

It would be the option with the least risk if they plan to stay local in morning drive.
I don’t think they have anyone who would be an obvious morning show host on staff now. While I don’t listen to the station much anymore, I have in the past, and I have the station on with my kids in the car sometimes. They have two full time weekday hosts, neither of which strike me as morning host types. Their afternoon guy, Mikey V, taking over mornings would be a bad flashback to when his brother took over WJMN mornings when Ramiro left years ago. The results were not good and the brothers have a very similar style and delivery.

If I were Romeo or Mikey V, I would try to politely decline any “promotion” to mornings. Following a legend is not easy, and they have much easier jobs talking up songs now. In the case of Mikey, he is the MD also I think.

I don’t think they have anyone who would be an obvious morning show host on staff now. While I don’t listen to the station much anymore, I have in the past, and I have the station on with my kids in the car sometimes. They have two full time weekday hosts, neither of which strike me as morning host types. Their afternoon guy, Mikey V, taking over mornings would be a bad flashback to when his brother took over WJMN mornings when Ramiro left years ago. The results were not good and the brothers have a very similar style and delivery.

If I were Romeo or Mikey V, I would try to politely decline any “promotion” to mornings. Following a legend is not easy, and they have much easier jobs talking up songs now. In the case of Mikey, he is the MD also I think.
Mikey is also on Premium Choice and voice tracks to markets all over the country.

There's a strict difference between broadcasting remotely and voicetracking. Most talents use some form of tracking nowadays, and many are remote but they are live in afternoons on Kiss.
So he’s live on Kiss for two hours, in addition to his live morning show in San Diego and the other VTing he does nationally? It doesn’t seem like there are enough hours in the day.

This is big break the clowns from WMEX need to make their comeback to the airwaves. Has anyone let them know?

A certain underemployed DJ in Maine formerly heard in Boston and as the voice of the Marshfield Fair is available.

Dont forget, he also worked at WVBF, WHDH and Oldies 103

True, until there are significant changes in the cast members, the name will likely hang around for a while.

How long has kidd kraddick been dead?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom