• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Magic 105 Morning Host Gone?

E

elevator_opratr

I must admit I don't listen to Magic 105 WMGH Tamaqua as much as I used to, but I haven't heard the morning show guy "The Doc" lately. Is he out?

> I must admit I don't listen to Magic 105 WMGH Tamaqua as
> much as I used to, but I haven't heard the morning show guy
> "The Doc" lately. Is he out?
>

Their web site has a guy named "JZ" listed as doing mornings. His picture is there, too. I really hope it's just a bad shot of the guy. Unless he's wearing his Halloween mas a little early.

Re: Penns Peak Radio

> You'll find "The Doc" middays at PennsPeakRadio.com.

"Penns Peak Radio." I never heard of it until now. Checked out their website. An internet-only station simulcasting on local cable TV. Nice site. Sounds like a cool station. And they must have listeners to go through creating such a nice site and hire a staff like "The Doc." Is this station making money? Does it have listeners? I notice another personality there is a "Conrad Flynn." Wasn't he on Magic 105 at one time too? Is this where all the former Magic jocks go? :)

The station is part of Pencor, owners of Blue Ridge Cable, Lehighton Times News, Palmerton Telephone Company, PenTeleData and the Penn's Peak Entertainment Center in Jim Thorpe.

> The station is part of Pencor, owners of Blue Ridge Cable,
> Lehighton Times News, Palmerton Telephone Company,
> PenTeleData and the Penn's Peak Entertainment Center in Jim
> Thorpe.

Does it have a following?

Pretty much all the WMGH talent went over to Penn's Peak Radio. Including Magic's best Conrad and the Doc. Penn's Peak is quickly becoming noticed around the Valley as well as world wide.

When you have a cheap hotel owner in the radio business (who's not respected and very disliked by most bigger radio companies in the Valley) that doesn't want to pay his employees what their worth for what they do, you won't keep them. Then again this is a hotel owner who only owns WMGH-WLSH at this point for barter deals for his hotel and restaurant in Allentown and doesn't care how the station sounds or presents itself to the public. Both sound & appearance are dreadful at both WLSH & WMGH.

I can't believe I actually used to work at this place!! Leaving was the best thing I ever did.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by markmayes2 on 10/12/05 11:04 AM.</FONT></P>

> Pretty much all the WMGH talent went over to Penn's Peak
> Radio. Including Magic's best Conrad and the Doc. Penn's
> Peak is quickly becoming noticed around the Valley as well
> as world wide.
>
> When you have a cheap hotel owner in the radio business
> (who's not respected and very disliked by most bigger radio
> companies in the Valley) that doesn't want to pay his
> employees what their worth for what they do, you won't keep
> them. Then again this is a hotel owner who only owns
> WMGH-WLSH at this point for barter deals for his hotel and
> restaurant in Allentown and doesn't care how the station
> sounds or presents itself to the public. Both sound &
> appearance are dreadful at both WLSH & WMGH.
>
> I can't believe I actually used to work at this place!!
> Leaving was the best thing I ever did.
>

As yet another ex-employee, I can't echo your compliments any stronger. Doc and Conrad are 2 real class guys and both are really great jocks. Two of the best i've ever worked with.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom