• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

LPFM Filing Window Is Open

There have been a number of LPFM applications dismissed this week. Yesterday the dismissals were due to signal spacing issues; today the rejections are for applications that had the transmitter location far out in the ocean.šŸ¤£ Looks like a lot of applicants do not understand latitude and longitudeā€¦šŸ˜–

Edit to add: The FCC is also screwing up in their dismissal letters. They seem to think that California is on the Atlantic coast.šŸ˜³šŸ¤£

Last edited:
There have been a number of LPFM applications dismissed this week. Yesterday the dismissals were due to signal spacing issues; today the rejections are for applications that had the transmitter location far out in the ocean.šŸ¤£ Looks like a lot of applicants do not understand latitude and longitudeā€¦šŸ˜–
Amen! :)

An update:

The new app. for 107.1 FM Selma Alabama has been dismissed. Details here: REC Filing Window Application Tracking System | REC Networks

Excited over it. :D

Dan <><​
Looks like he paid a consultant who gave him bad advice. That happened to me once. So I learned to prepare applications myself. I hate to see stuff like this. Sometimes to succeed in life you have to become your own expert.

Why celebrate someone else's downfall?

I see the FCC has dismissed an application for an LPFM in Ohio that was going to be used as a translator for an operator who controls 3 NCE Class A's and 3 LPFM's.. All 6 stations play the same programming.

He failed to file a 2nd adjacent channel waiver. That's why he was dismissed.

Why celebrate someone else's downfall?
This is the same dude that had an illegal pirate, a few years ago, at 87.9 FM. I celebrate because that's one less lawbreaker we'll have on the air.​

Dan <><

P.S. If I know this man, like I think I do, this new station would've been just like the pirate. Using illegal equipment and doing other things that are very unlawful.

B.T.W. As I stated earlier, me and two other radio pros discovered his unlawful broadcast, I reported it to the two other pros and they took care of the rest and made him shut it down.​

Last edited:
I see the FCC has dismissed an application for an LPFM in Ohio that was going to be used as a translator for an operator who controls 3 NCE Class A's and 3 LPFM's.. All 6 stations play the same programming.

He failed to file a 2nd adjacent channel waiver. That's why he was dismissed.
And that trick of fate probably saved him a lot of money and strife. Sometimes it seems like fate hands you a turd when in reality it's saving your life.
Hopefully, they thought better about their life in radio.

And that trick of fate probably saved him a lot of money and strife. Sometimes it seems like fate hands you a turd when in reality it's saving your life.
Hopefully, they thought better about their life in radio.
Some people think LPFM's are like potato chips and can't be satisfied with just one. Guess some applicants think the way to get complete coverage in a major city is to use multiple LPFM's as translators. Gaming the system.

Last edited:
Great news for those reading.

My valuable sleep time is getting better now, @fybush and everyone else interested. Here's why.

See below for the exciting news. (y)

And to @Michi, you go girl. ;) Thanks for tossing this one into the garbage. Hope we can keep it there.

I also hope you noticed that he gave himself 100 points. (Highly illegal) He also had a person named director on there and gave that name 100 points too. (Highly illegal and didn't even tell us who that person was) That's what I discovered when I was examining his app.​

Dan <><

REC Filing Window Application Tracking System | REC Networks (While visiting, look for the Selma Alabama app and rejoice with me.) :D
The Selma app has filed a petition for reconsideration. Pleadings Ā« License Modernization Ā« FCC

Attachments

• Selma_Weather_Petition_for_Reconsideration.pdf
    808.7 KB · Views: 10
Some people think LPFM's are like potato chips and can't be satisfied with just one. Guess some applicants think the way to get complete coverage in a major city is to use multiple LPFM's as translators. Gaming the system.
And, the guy who is using LPFM's as translators has also filed a petition. He's real good at playing the game.

It probably doesn't register, but I wonder if someone at the Commission says; hey wait a second, we just issued the CP?
Whatā€™s the problem? As soon as the CP is granted the owner is able to apply online for a call. Shows that they are paying attention and are hopefully ready to move forward.

OTOH there are a few non-comm CPs granted a few years ago in SE Texas that still havenā€™t bothered to apply for a call. These will probably never get built.

It probably doesn't register, but I wonder if someone at the Commission says; hey wait a second, we just issued the CP?
You're the stickler for the rules. If the rules say you can apply for a callsign immediately upon issuance of the CP, then any permittee who applies immediately is just following the rules, right?

(Especially if they don't want to risk losing a specific callsign they're waiting for.)

For that matter, if an applicant has all their ducks in a row, they could theoretically build out the CP immediately upon issuance and get right on the air. It will be interesting to see who's first to air from this window.

BTW - the first callsign applied for from this window today was from @Michi herself, which is now WVWA-LP 89.1 Mardela Springs MD. Still waiting for you to explain to her how her Riverton Radio Project qualifies as an NCE license, since it's not a school or college or church.

Back
Top Bottom