• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Looks like Fox 10's Marissa Sarbak is out

Sarbak was removed from the "team" list on Fox 10 Phoenix. I don't think she received a "farewell" on-air. She's an exceptional reporter--- wishing her the best in her future endeavors. (y)

That said, I love new weeknight reporter Kenzie Beach! She's fits in perfect for 10:00 p.m. alongside reporter Lindsey Ragas and co-anchor Ellen McNamara. In fact, I love all three of them! :love:..:)

So where does she go? Gray? Scripps? Some political PR job? One of those three seems to be where newsfolks end up. Especially the latter.

Some of them (in the Phoenix market) also go into communications in the public sector. 🤔
That's what I meant by political PR job. Communications in the public sector is nothing more than a gravy job for someone who's recognizable, and has the talent to competently speak for whatever department hires him or her. In other words, a PR flack. Too many use their TV face time experience to glom a gig off the taxpayers.

Media types entering Arizona politics is nothing new, going back to at least the early 1950s, when KTAR Program Director John Howard Pyle was elected Governor in 1950. He served two terms before being defeated in 1954 by former Senator and KTVK founder Ernest McFarland.

People have to work somewhere! Often, contracts aren't renewed, but your spouse and children are tied to the current geography. Or, you're stuck in a less-than-desirable assignment at a station (e.g. Kim Quintero and Brittney Shipp on weekend mornings come to mind) with no potential for moving up. After all, how many live shots at the Book Sale, Ostrich Festival, or Bridal Fair can you do???

People have to work somewhere! Often, contracts aren't renewed, but your spouse and children are tied to the current geography. Or, you're stuck in a less-than-desirable assignment at a station (e.g. Kim Quintero and Brittney Shipp on weekend mornings come to mind) with no potential for moving up. After all, how many live shots at the Book Sale, Ostrich Festival, or Bridal Fair can you do???
Now that you mention it faa, half the time Quintero looked like she wanted to be anywhere except on TV. Frankly, how she lasted as long as she did on 3TV is indeed a mystery. :unsure:

Now that you mention it faa, half the time Quintero looked like she wanted to be anywhere except on TV. Frankly, how she lasted as long as she did on 3TV is indeed a mystery. :unsure:
IIRC, Shipp actually earned her meteorology credentials while at 3TV, with Royal mentoring her. So, Shipp had a reason to put up with those live shots until she finished her credentials. OTOH, I believe Quintero already was a credentialed meteorologist when she arrived at 3TV. I can understand why she seemed bored at times.

Just a note, Caribe Devine did the same job at 12 News for years, but then was suddenly promoted to weekday evening meteorologist and finally weekday evening news anchor. Unlike others, Caribe definitely got rewarded for her hard work.

Back
Top Bottom