• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Locations Of Old Unused Antenna Towers

Anybody know of any old antenna towers that are not being used any more I just like looking at old towers??

Anybody know of any old antenna towers that are not being used any more I just like looking at old towers??

DJ, try 6201 Gulf Freeway just south of downtown. Large tower atop old abandoned Big State Vending Building. If you go out there to look, be very careful. Drug dealer operates from the front of the building, and from under the bridge of the bayou running next to the building. Almost five years ago, a neighborhood protection officer asked if our ministry could clean up this public nuisance property/dangerous building, and put it to use housing the homeless. In some situations, owners will quit claim abandoned property to us; in others, 'adverse possession' laws can be invoked. Here, the owner, failed to respond to our inquiries, but he is paying his taxes on the property. Until the city gets motivated to prosecute him for allowing this blight, the property will continue to be Grand Central Station for crack and meth users...

Then there's the old Square Deal cab company building at 2819 Dowling Street. Their 100 foot tower remains standing, but its been stripped of coax... (copper thieves also stripped the building). Its another focal point for drug activity...

86472_orig.jpg

1284680_orig.jpg

2204934_orig.jpg

3356898_orig.jpg

Last edited:
I always wondered what that one on the Gulf Freeway was used for. I was also curious if the base of the tower is on top of that building or if it was coming from the foundation but I just drive by and never stop by.

I always wondered what that one on the Gulf Freeway was used for. I was also curious if the base of the tower is on top of that building or if it was coming from the foundation but I just drive by and never stop by.

It's on top of the building...

Not Unused, But Available To Anyone Wanting To Be A Radio Tower Slumlord!

A drive this morning out to Pasadena took me by the tower for 1320 KXYZ. The property is for sale -- buildings, towers, and 25 acres of land. You have to work it out whether you want to develop the property, tear down the towers, or continue letting KXYZ use them. Building looks like its seen better days... Here's the link to the listing... http://nebula.wsimg.com/69cea51c163...D845583E95D2ECDE9&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

1465159_orig.jpg

1160624_orig.jpg

2764050_orig.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom