• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lite 103.7

> No comments on the new station? Regular DJ's still there?
>
>>>>Look at the many posts below, "So who's gone" "KVIL" and the poetic "Mrs. Pibb...".

I don't get it?????

So besides the name, the re-image and lack of talent on the air...What's different? I hear the same menopausal mix of music!!!!!

No ones gonna notice the new name if everything else is the same. Blech!<P ID="signature">______________
WG</P>

Re: I don't get it?????

> So besides the name, the re-image and lack of talent on the
> air...What's different? I hear the same menopausal mix of
> music!!!!!
>
> No ones gonna notice the new name if everything else is the
> same. Blech!
>

The name change gives them a more focused position. I don't think they needed to change the music, they are basically the only AC in DFW which is a good position to be in. I'm sure the goal of the re-image is to no longer be an underperformer.

Re: I don't get it?????

>
> The name change gives them a more focused position. I don't
> think they needed to change the music, they are basically
> the only AC in DFW which is a good position to be in. I'm
> sure the goal of the re-image is to no longer be an
> underperformer.
>
I'm guessing the reason for the "re-image" is to remove any and all reference to the past, which is probably wise. It's likely no one will ever be able to duplicate the success of the legendary years of KVIL. It's obvious over the last few years there has been an attempt to blend a new image with the legend of KVIL. Clearly the numbers indicate that attempt was unsuccessful. Many good people have come and gone in the years since Ron reigned but the truth is most people still think of Ron when they think of KVIL. If you're trying to reposition the station, that's an issue. A complete, top to bottom, rebirth might be the key to truly resurrecting 103.7 - (NOT K-V-I-LLLLLLLLLLLLL)!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom