• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

(list of) Radio Stations that specifically recommend Streaming to listen to them

Many AM stations that have FM translators list the FM first. A good example is legacy AM station KDKA. KDKA broadcasts on 1020 AM and they have a translator at 100.1 FM. Their on-air positioning and logo both mention the FM signal first, as in "The voice of Pittsburgh - 100.1 FM and 1020 AM, KDKA"

Most stations also mention their online stream as an option for listeners, especially when in areas with poor reception, when indoors at office buildings, etc. "Listen to us at 1250 AM, 100.3 FM Jonesport, 98.5 Wellston, streaming online or find us on the XYZ app".

Both KCMO AM and [Jack FM] specifically mention poor reception as the reason to listen to their Stream, the other KC stations I listen to mention Streaming in passing, but not as a way around poor reception.

Kirk Bayne

I would think the number of stations that don't promote streaming on their air these days is few and far between.

I'm pretty sure all the Audacy stations promote the Audacy streaming app at least once an hour.

I've noticed on KFI when they promote an upcoming Dodgers game for sister KLAC, there is no mention of 570 AM, instead it's listen to it on "LA Sports on the iHeart radio app".

710 switches to a north/south pattern at sundown, reception is poor around the I-70/I-435 MO interchange at night, 102.5 is weak on the KS side.

The 102.5 "PSA" about listening to the Stream does state than reception is sometimes poor in the KC metro area, the 710 "PSA" alludes to poor AM reception (and FM reception) and urges listeners to not use "old school" listening methods and instead to listen to the Stream to hear KCMO AM content.

I'm mainly interested in weak and/or highly directional AM and/or FM signals that specifically recommend listening to the radio station Stream in lieu of actually using an AM or FM radio.

Kirk Bayne

SummitMedia’s Greenville/Spartanburg translator “Awesome 99.5” runs a liner along the lines of “Awesome 99.5 a little scratchy at your crib? Your smart speaker is a radio, tell it to play Awesome 99.5” or something like that.

One of my aunts had a station she listen to saying "We're moving to the App - download it on your mobile today." Month later the station was off the air. Was a small station that simply signed off. I need to ask her which one it was.

Many AM stations that have FM translators list the FM first. A good example is legacy AM station KDKA. KDKA broadcasts on 1020 AM and they have a translator at 100.1 FM. Their on-air positioning and logo both mention the FM signal first, as in "The voice of Pittsburgh - 100.1 FM and 1020 AM, KDKA"

Most stations also mention their online stream as an option for listeners, especially when in areas with poor reception, when indoors at office buildings, etc. "Listen to us at 1250 AM, 100.3 FM Jonesport, 98.5 Wellston, streaming online or find us on the XYZ app".

When i was working in PA at WDDH, the company bought WKBI AM 1400/94.5 and WKBI 93.9.... when we launched the new WKBI AM, i named it "Classy 1400 AM and 94.5" and thats what its called o this day

710 switches to a north/south pattern at sundown, reception is poor around the I-70/I-435 MO interchange at night, 102.5 is weak on the KS side.

The 102.5 "PSA" about listening to the Stream does state than reception is sometimes poor in the KC metro area, the 710 "PSA" alludes to poor AM reception (and FM reception) and urges listeners to not use "old school" listening methods and instead to listen to the Stream to hear KCMO AM content.

I'm mainly interested in weak and/or highly directional AM and/or FM signals that specifically recommend listening to the radio station Stream in lieu of actually using an AM or FM radio.

Kirk Bayne
I listen to 102.5 jack fm and have never heard that

It's a fairly recent "ad", done by the "Jack FM" regular voice, I listen to Jack FM almost daily (my 3rd choice after KCMO FM, KCKC FM), I've heard it a few times.

Kirk Bayne

When Cumulus first joined iHeart, all of its stations were required to mention “iHeartRadio” at least once an hour, though the agreement did allow exceptions for syndicated programming.

As some of the others mention, most stations will, at minimum, mention their apps or their Alexa skills, though not all of them will mention that's actually streaming.

Just back from visiting 3 Wally World locations in the North KC area looking for some athletic clothing in my size, I listened to 102.5 a lot, they mention KCMO FM HD-2 [but I haven't heard them promote it] and their FCC given call letters+numbers at the top of the hour, but I didn't hear the Streaming recommendation ad tonight.

edit:
I suppose I should be more formal:
_*Walmart_ since it's nearly my 2nd home :)

Kirk Bayne

Last edited:
Just back from visiting 3 Wally World locations in the North KC area looking for some athletic clothing in my size, I listened to 102.5 a lot, they mention KCMO FM HD-2 [but I haven't heard them promote it] and their FCC given call letters+numbers at the top of the hour, but I didn't hear the Streaming recommendation ad tonight.

Kirk Bayne
Wally World? Lol, I live in KC and never heard of that.

Wally World? Lol, I live in KC and never heard of that.
"Known for its enormous size, Walley World (changed to “Wally World” in this context) quickly became a colloquial nickname for the popular American superstore, Walmart. While some sources claim that the original name of the Walmart company was Wally World, this is not true"

Wow...

Wall.gif

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom