• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Leykis speculation

ajhenderson

Inactive
Inactive User
http://www.ronfez.net/messageboard/...ge/74/forum/46/Topic/44079/RequestTimeout/500

Found this page in Google... of course, the Ron & Fez speculation is now moot, but seems they think Leykis is next. Anyone else think this? Granted, Leykis only has a couple decent stations (LA, Seattle, Dallas kind-a, maybe SF again if 106.9 ever flips); would his XM show be as LA-centric as it is now?

(As a sidenote, it's kind of embarrassing that his nemesis Dr. Laura has more affiliate markets to visit for HER tour, now that both of them are on rare road tours)

While this move would benefit me because I could listen in the car and at home/online, would it get the show any traction? Or would he sink to the dismal lows of O&A, R&F, and whoever else goes there. Would the "too East Coast" philosophy pan out to be true? And I doubt many LA listeners would grab XM to listen to him.

Rambling on, it's late... thoughts? Viability? Predictions?

http://www.ronfez.net/messageboard/viewmessage> s.cfm/CurrentPage/74/forum/46/Topic/44079/RequestTimeout/500
>
>
> Found this page in Google... of course, the Ron & Fez
> speculation is now moot, but seems they think Leykis is
> next. Anyone else think this? Granted, Leykis only has a
> couple decent stations (LA, Seattle, Dallas kind-a, maybe SF
> again if 106.9 ever flips); would his XM show be as
> LA-centric as it is now?
>
> (As a sidenote, it's kind of embarrassing that his nemesis
> Dr. Laura has more affiliate markets to visit for HER tour,
> now that both of them are on rare road tours)
>
> While this move would benefit me because I could listen in
> the car and at home/online, would it get the show any
> traction? Or would he sink to the dismal lows of O&A, R&F,
> and whoever else goes there. Would the "too East Coast"
> philosophy pan out to be true? And I doubt many LA listeners
> would grab XM to listen to him.
>
> Rambling on, it's late... thoughts? Viability? Predictions?
>

Hard to say, I think it would turn more people on to his show, people that otherwise don't have a clue about him or his show, I for one would sign up just for his show, people that don't get his show in there market or that used to get it but don't anymore, he's probably the one and only show that I would go thru the hassle of signing up for satellite to get.
<P ID="signature">______________
If you can feel it, then it Fitzwell!!</P>

I have trouble believing this. Especially since Opie and Anthony are big time enemies with Leykis.

http://www.ronfez.net/messageboard/viewmessage> s.cfm/CurrentPage/74/forum/46/Topic/44079/RequestTimeout/500
>
>
> Found this page in Google... of course, the Ron & Fez
> speculation is now moot, but seems they think Leykis is
> next. Anyone else think this? Granted, Leykis only has a
> couple decent stations (LA, Seattle, Dallas kind-a, maybe SF
> again if 106.9 ever flips); would his XM show be as
> LA-centric as it is now?
>
> (As a sidenote, it's kind of embarrassing that his nemesis
> Dr. Laura has more affiliate markets to visit for HER tour,
> now that both of them are on rare road tours)
>
> While this move would benefit me because I could listen in
> the car and at home/online, would it get the show any
> traction? Or would he sink to the dismal lows of O&A, R&F,
> and whoever else goes there. Would the "too East Coast"
> philosophy pan out to be true? And I doubt many LA listeners
> would grab XM to listen to him.
>
> Rambling on, it's late... thoughts? Viability? Predictions?
>

Leykis currently broadcasts to a potential listening audience of over 50 million. XM has about 6 million subscribers. He would be a fool to switch.

> Leykis currently broadcasts to a potential listening
> audience of over 50 million. XM has about 6 million
> subscribers. He would be a fool to switch.

Yes... you could broker an hour Sunday at 3am on the worst station in town and claim the entire market's population as a "potential listening" audience. Leykis will get 1 in 10 people in the best demos.

Talkers ranks Leykis' listenership at 1.5 million (tied for 13th), down from 1.75 million a few years back. Honestly, though, this is primarily coming from listeners in his two top markets, LA and Seattle, with a few people in Dallas and Portland. And the fact that stations in Phoenix, Albuquerque, Austin, Fresno, Buffalo, and numerous others have (unfortunately) dropped his show in the recent past show just how deep his listenership is outside of big FM talkers on the west coast.

It would benefit me to see Leykis on XM (I could then listen away from my PC), but I'm not so sure it's the right move. He would lose listeners initially, as the Stern Effect would prevent many listeners from buying satradios. Wait until we have wifi in our cars, Tom.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom