• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lex and Terry back in OKC on Monday

From Twitter:
it is official! Lex & Terry are back on in Oklahoma City on Monday. Where? Can't spill the beans for a few days but it is a done deal.

Probably just back onto 94.7. It's most likely a Clear Channel station since the Lex and Terry twitter account is sending public replies to @twotees (Tom Travis, Clear Channel PD). Unless, of course, that's meant to be a big "F*** You" to CC for dropping them in the first place.

What's the word?

Exactly. They weren't earth-shattering the last time they were on in this market. What's going to make trip #2 if it happens any more compelling? The only morning show in all the incarnations of 947 as a rock station that came close to mattering was when Mo was there. And, he was more than this market could take, therefore his little over-the-line stunt got him off the station. L and T and pretty much anything else that's been on that station in recent years has been a non-event.

And, before anyone starts in on me, let me make a statement. There are PLENTY of talented people that have and still are on that stick. The problem is they can't serve mulitple masters at once. Hell. Half of the talent doesn't even live here (but they are on huge stations within their real markets of course) It's also real hard to be compelling when you're talking over the same 200 damn songs. Lack of rotation, lack of proper imaging, and lack of talent that is dedicated soley to that station is EXACTLY why it's been an under-performer now and why it was in the past as the Buzz. It's days as 95X really weren't that much better either. CC, you're getting what you're putting into it, very little. Sadly, that format could work. Proof of that was the first few months of the Brew's existance. It came on strong, but after everyone figured out it was just more of the same tired crap over and over again, it lost steam. There's some people that are close to the action on this stick that probably are cussing my "name" abour right now, but you guys have to know I'm right on this. Starving it is EXACTLY why it doesn't work. 94.7 is and will likely be just the kicking-dog of the CC building. This is the real problem with market saturation as allowed currently by the post-de-regulation rules. The public intrest really isn't served very well. Flankers and throw-aways....

And, what's going to happen long-term is "The Brew" will eventually go away. So that leaves the "next generation of rock" format as a "failure". The failure is in the execution of the fomat but it won't be looked at that way by anyone else in corporate-radio-land thinking about trying it again. Who knows what the new flavor experiment will be next time...

OKCRadioGuy said:
And, before anyone starts in on me, let me make a statement. There are PLENTY of talented people that have and still are on that stick. The problem is they can't serve mulitple masters at once. Hell. Half of the talent doesn't even live here (but they are on huge stations within their real markets of course) It's also real hard to be compelling when you're talking over the same 200 damn songs. Lack of rotation, lack of proper imaging, and lack of talent that is dedicated soley to that station is EXACTLY why it's been an under-performer now and why it was in the past as the Buzz. It's days as 95X really weren't that much better either. CC, you're getting what you're putting into it, very little. Sadly, that format could work. Proof of that was the first few months of the Brew's existance. It came on strong, but after everyone figured out it was just more of the same tired crap over and over again, it lost steam. There's some people that are close to the action on this stick that probably are cussing my "name" abour right now, but you guys have to know I'm right on this. Starving it is EXACTLY why it doesn't work. 94.7 is and will likely be just the kicking-dog of the CC building. This is the real problem with market saturation as allowed currently by the post-de-regulation rules. The public intrest really isn't served very well. Flankers and throw-aways....

But man...I LOVED 95x. Seriously.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom