• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Let's Make a Monument to Allah

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very important to communicate clearly, so there can be no misunderstanding. Especially when you're an organization that promotes Eternal Salvation through the Good News of Jesus Christ (not "Allah").

"Allah" is simply the Arabic word for God. Arabic speaking Christians use the word "Allah" to refer to the Christian God, just as Arabic speaking Muslims (and even Mizrahi Jews) use the term. It is derived from "Elah" in Aramaic, the language of Jesus and the disciples. Don't confuse language with religion.

My wife's version was "take me down to the very nice city" when we first got married. I finally caught her singing it that way and laughed my fool head off.

When I came to the US in '92, I wondered why a store that advertised on the radio was called "Old Lady". It was not until I drove by an "Old Navy" store that I realized my mistake!

It happens to all of us.

"Allah" is simply the Arabic word for God. Arabic speaking Christians use the word "Allah" to refer to the Christian God

Really? I didn't know the Christian God sought to murder Americans. Every time I hear the phrase "Allah Akbar" used, either airliners are piloted into the World Trade Center, a military officer engages in "workplace violence," or an American in the Middle East is beheaded.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Really? I didn't know the Christian God sought to murder Americans.

Again, the word "Allah" simply means "God" in Arabic. The usage of the word varies by individual belief systems.

As I said, an Arabic speaking Christian, such as the Copts in Egypt, refers to their God as "Allah" also; that is the Arabic word irrespective of religion.

The Christians of the Crusades sought to murder non-believers in the name of "God" or "Dios" or "Dieu" or whatever European language they spoke.

It's just a word in a language that means "higher power". By itself, it is not harmful or offensive.

You have to understand word usage in different languages. That is one thing that a polyglot understands clearly and you could afford to learn.

Last edited:
You know Frank, you really should ask Streamline for a pay increase.

Of which Allah would disapprrove!

... as well as the God of many fundamentalist Christians in the US.

The differences in interpretation of scriptures and, indeed, the way to honor and worship God is in no small degree the reason why we have such a large number of religious voices on the radio. Every group that believes they are closer to God's ear and His favor wants to have a voice to show their way to others.

Obviously never been in a mosque.

No, but the nineteen hijackers on 9/11 have, as well as the couple in San Bernardino, the Major at Fort Hood, the shooter in Orlando, the mod that killed our Ambassador and three other Americans in Bengazi, and so on, and so on. Aside from them all being Muslim, the single common denominator was that they all uttered, spoke, exclaimed, or yelled "Allah Akbar" before they murdered Americans.

Evidently you don't have a problem with that, but I do.

Take your problems someplace else. Terror isn't isolated to Muslims.

Than I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I see Muslim terrorism as a problem. You feel differently. Let's leave it at that.

Checked out the song. It was a catchy little number indeed. I heard the singer(s) say, "Let's Make A Monument For Our Love". That's the way it came across to me.

Dan <><

P.S. I plan on getting some music from this group, after I sign on. I've only heard of them. Never checked out their music, till I came across this post and heard the song in question.

Last edited:

"Allah" is simply the Arabic word for God. Arabic speaking Christians use the word "Allah" to refer to the Christian God, just as Arabic speaking Muslims (and even Mizrahi Jews) use the term. It is derived from "Elah" in Aramaic, the language of Jesus and the disciples. Don't confuse language with religion.

Wrong. Elah is a Babylonian moon god. Look at the top of any mosque, look at the flags of many Islamic nations, and of course their medical charity is the red crescent, not the red cross. Worship of Elah precedes the worship of the Jewish God by centuries. Anybody translating "God" as "allah" is either mistaken, or has an agenda to confuse people. I know a Coptic Christian (Egyptian) whose native language is Arabic. She does NOT translate God as allah - she uses the Jewish name for God. Which her church does. It is just a word to most people and most people make the mistake innocently. But if we are offended by the "n" word, the word "allah" becomes more offensive with each terror attack. I don't use it any more than I use the "n" word to describe black people. Both are offensive, as is the suggestion that a Babylonian moon god in any way is my God.

Back on the topic of this thread - I heard the song again, I can clearly hear "monument to our love". I think some people need better radios! The artist - and NGEN - should not be held responsible for somebody who has bad hearing, or a bad radio. Making an monument to allah, by the way, would be an affront to the Islamic religion. They do not allow physical representation of their god or their prophet. So the song title would make no sense.

Last edited:
Robertsez,

I'm having a difficult time understanding why, when listening to a Christian radio station, playing Christian music, you could possibly think that they would play a song which glorifies Islam.
Why would your mind even go in that direction?

Robertsez,

I'm having a difficult time understanding why, when listening to a Christian radio station, playing Christian music, you could possibly think that they would play a song which glorifies Islam.
Why would your mind even go in that direction?

I think what we have here is a manifestation of the anti-Christian rock radio crowd. I have often said that Christian radio is maybe 20 to 30 years behind secular. In the 50's, you had churches and religious leaders denouncing "the devil's music" on top-40 radio. There was a racial component, with black artists being covered by white artists. There were all kinds of objections, mainly due to it being "black music", there were references to Elvis' gyrating hips destroying morality, etc.

I encountered the Christian version of this sort of thing 30 years ago. I recall one Jimmy Swaggart disciple called KSBJ's "Rock of Love" program the "Love of Rock" with a very derogatory implication. The anti-Christian rock radio crowd are smart enough, for the most part, not to be blatant about their racial bigotry, although they slip once in a while. The arguments, if you can call them that go something like this:

- The anapestic beat (short short long) common in the rock style of music is either called African in origin (note the underlying bigotry), voodoo in origin (again racial) or at the very least causes heart attacks because it is unnatural to bodily rhythms. Yes - I've read that on some of their web sites. The truth is that the anapestic beat was discovered hundreds of years ago and is present in some classical music. Hence many rock artists Christian and otherwise remake classical music into hits.

- Supposedly some church in Russia wrote a letter about not corrupting their youth with music that Africans identify with conjuring demons. Yep - I read that, too, on some of the anti-Christian rock websites! Again - the African connection = bigotry against blacks.

- Drums are supposed to be evil by themselves because they are used by Africans to conjure demons. Yep - there we go again with the African connection! The truth is, drums were specified in the book of Psalms as one of the temple instruments. I suppose that was blacks conjuring demons in ancient Jewish temples. This is about how ridiculous some of these people get! Another source even said drums weren't invented until the Africans did to conjure demons. There we go again - racism against blacks! The truth is there are a limited number of ways of making sound, plucking a string, blowing through a reed, or striking a resonating surface - plus the human voice. All present musical instruments except maybe the theremin are variations on these basic inventions - which probably date back tens of thousands of years if not longer.

Here are some of my favorite idiotic statements against Christian rock / Christian rock radio:

- "If I object you can't listen because of the command not to eat meat offered to idols principle" - OK, let's enslave everybody to your personal musical taste.

- "All Christian music should be slow, worshipful, respectful" - OK, tell that to David or better yet Michal.

- "Jesus isn't referred to by name in Christian rock" - neither is he named in many popular hymns.

In retrospect, it now looks to me like my initial assessment that Christian radio is 20 to 30 years behind secular radio is incorrect. It may be more like 50 years behind. And the bias against Christian rock / Christian hip-hop is every bit as racially based as the opposition to secular rock was half a century ago. Bigotry and idiocy is alive and well, as some of the people in this topic opposing NGEN have vividly demonstrated. Well, this 62 year old avid NGEN fan is well prepared to tell the anti-Christian rock / anti-Christian hip-hop crowd into which bodily orifice they can place their objection to the format - along with their bigotry against black music and their illogical arguments. Do not resist God when He is moving in a new direction, and don't mess with believers whose knowledge of scripture is superior to your own, unless you want to get beat up intellectually - because I promise I am equipped with knowledge of God's word and will do it! Long live NGEN, may it lead to many salvations among young people desperately seeking direction for their lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom