• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lessons learned from Letterman's liason(s)

Re: RE "This is much to do about..."

Holland Cooke said:
Please at least MAKE ROOM FOR the possibility that people are more intrigued by this latest demonstration of our species' antics than The Democrats Bad Republicans Good Show that we-talk-you-listen Talk Radio has beat to death.
I'd rather hear a full day of Rush than one hour of this drivel.

Rush is entertaining. Reporting on "our species' antics" is depressing.

oaktree said:
This is much to do about ... well, what "Entertainment Tonight"and "The Insider" keep making of it. It's a travesty. So "The View, "The Early Show," "Today," "Larry King Live," CNN, MSNBC, et al did they obligatory "must see" news as "ET" and "TI" keep, desperately, to keep the embers lit. And the flame has been doused - until Halderman gets his day in court - or his attorney comes up with something credibly (or incredibly,) "worthwhile news."
Dave did the best thing and did it very well and the "drive-by media" is not happy. They wanted more "24 hour news cycle" "revelations" that aren't there, at least for now.
It's gotten beyond "water cooler" talk. It's now, "Gee, what can we do to make Mary & Lara at least appear to be "more manic" over a non-story that's long over.
Never fear. They still have the Kardashians and the Gosselins to fawn over!

firepoint525 said:
oaktree said:
This is much to do about ... well, what "Entertainment Tonight"and "The Insider" keep making of it. It's a travesty. So "The View, "The Early Show," "Today," "Larry King Live," CNN, MSNBC, et al did they obligatory "must see" news as "ET" and "TI" keep, desperately, to keep the embers lit. And the flame has been doused - until Halderman gets his day in court - or his attorney comes up with something credibly (or incredibly,) "worthwhile news."
Dave did the best thing and did it very well and the "drive-by media" is not happy. They wanted more "24 hour news cycle" "revelations" that aren't there, at least for now.
It's gotten beyond "water cooler" talk. It's now, "Gee, what can we do to make Mary & Lara at least appear to be "more manic" over a non-story that's long over.
Never fear. They still have the Kardashians and the Gosselins to fawn over!

I'm just glad he made it so that politicians from a certain party will not have to resign or be run out for having affairs, especially those who were actually in love, and did not have a whole pool of females.

From Time magazine

"Americans don't have a long track record of denying themselves amusement to punish celebrities. Woody Allen still makes movies, Rush Limbaugh remains on the air, Don Imus is back on TV, andMichael Jackson inspired greater mourning than most world leaders would."

HC
http://getonthenet.com/radio-info.pdf

#1 lesson learned from Letterman? Don't sh-t where you eat. Then you won't have to worry about damage control.

Or, giving credit to a friend :

Keep it in your Worldwide Pants.

cascade-O-DJ-quips continues...

Credit Joey Reynolds:

"David Letterman was overheard PRAYING. Something about 'my rod and my staff will comfort me...'"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom