• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Leeza Gibbons Hollywood Confidential?

paytenr

Inactive
Inactive User
What happened with Westwood One and Leeza? I got a package in the mail from Leeza Gibbons Enterprises with this week's show and Westwood One also has a totally different show for this weekend on the download site! Does Leeza still do the weekday live show at night?

Despite the name of the weekday show, Leeza was very seldom "live". I remember seeing her on a live episode of "American Idol," which made me think....if we're carrying the show and she's SUPPOSED to be LIVE on the air, how is she at American Idol??? I think that's where all credibility of her show began to tumble, at least for me.

But anyway, back on the subject at hand...no, her show is no longer on weeknights. In fact, that's probably where things started to become sour between Leeza and Westwood One. Westwood One cancelled "Leeza Live" back in August, but Leeza Gibbons Enterprises was going to try to continue the show solo (and from what I hear, on a different satellite, which would have meant changing Starguide recievers, etc.). The one thing that killed the show, in my opinion, was that the affiliates found out about the change one-by-one through word of mouth two weeks before the switch. No memos were sent out. Nothing about the change was mentioned on the show. Nothing. Many stations began dropping the show after the Westwood One contract expired and since there were only a small handful of stations on the affiliate list after the Westwood One partnership was over, they went ahead and cancelled it.

Apparently, Leeza and Westwood One continued to have problems and each decided to go their separate ways for good.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom