• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Latest #s: KIOT beating KZRR

New numbers are out and lately KIOT has been in second place beating out KZRR for three months in a row. KIOT now has a 4.7 while KZRR is down to a 3.2, quite a gap! Interesting that these two stations now seemed to have switched places. KABG is also tied for second which is likely good news for AGM. 94. ...FIVE The Pit is certainly not much of a threat and KTEG is suffering the decline of the alternative format nationally with the worst numbers for a heritage FM. Maybe it's about time for a 90s/2000s rock-based all-gold format? Maybe 105.1 could do it alongside KIOT. Mix has lousy numbers and the PD is now doing Christian radio in Houston.

Also, KDLW has improved some since the switch to "Exitos" although they are still behind KLVO and KRZY-FM and tied with Fuego 102.9. The Hustle however is not looking too good. They certainly are putting in the effort but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be getting any results. Maybe there is just too much hip-hop right now? 100.9 also continues to be a big failure, probably time to do something else! 95.1 is as usual, KKSS is down some while KOBQ has fallen back into the low 2s. KMGA is also getting pretty good post-Christmas numbers.

The rest is here: Radio Industry News, Radio Show Prep, Radio Promotions, Radio Station Data, Podcast News
Not much else to talk about right now in the land of enchantment.

How long ago did 94Rock drop all currents? They used to sprinkle in a few currents on their playlist. I checked the playlist today and I would deem it “Contemporary Classic Rock” for lack of a better term.

I looked over the 94 Rock playlist of the last couple days and I'd say that definitely looks like a playlist of a classic rock station. I don't think I'd call it "contemporary" seeing how much of The Doors and Jimi Hendrix is played. The slight difference with KIOT would be that they play more heavier stuff including a few 2000s titles from System of a Down and Disturbed. On KIOT you might be more likely to hear The Cars and The Police while both have your standard Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, AC/DC etc. I'm not completely sure when that happened. It seems KZRR went from playing about 97% gold to 100% so it'd be hard to tell. Of course, the sweepers KIOT often runs claiming to be "Albuquerque's only classic rock" may not be that accurate anymore. But whether or not that is the cause of their recent drop in numbers is hard to say and it certainly would not explain why KIOT is kicking their butts right now. But their next-door neighbor to the right of the dial which does still play currents has also not benefited any yet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom