• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Late nighters in syndication (game shows, talk shows, etc.)

in 2012/13, KCWE channel 29 aired the US version of “Jeremy Kyle“ at 2 AM for its second and final season; they carried it at 10 AM in its first.

I actually liked that talk show; although it’s content was identical to shows like Maury, Jerry springer etc., and there were undoubtedly elements added for the sake of drama, I could actually take it a little more seriously because he didn’t tolerate any bullshit.

Wood TV aired Change Of Heart at 4:30AM 1999-00 season then moved to WXMI Fox17 for the rest of its run. Also did air Donny Osmond Pyramid 2002-04 first season at 4PM then Millionaire at 4:30PM, I think Pyramid moved at 10AM in its final season.

I do recall WSB relegating Tic Tac Dough '90 to around 2 AM and WXIA acquiring Family Feud from WAGA and moving it to around 2:30 AM (the daytime CBS wasn't cleared here until a year later when WTLK/ch. 14 --now WPXA--began clearing network morning shows blacked out by the affiliates).
And according to listings posted here, High Rollers (Wink Martindale) aired at 1:00 am also on WSB...which isn't surprising, since its flexibility allowed stations to play it anywhere on the schedule, from mornings to overnights (in Los Angeles for example, it was in primetime on KHJ (KCAL) at 8:30 pm).

Heck, WSB could've cleared Every Second Counts at 2:00 am if they had to!

Last edited:
Matchmaker was shown on WHO tv 13 in the late 80's at 2am. Also when Jerry Springer started it was on WOI 5 in the mornings but soon changed channels to Who 13 at 1:05 in the morning. Also Geraldo aired at 1:05am on channel 13 in it's later years.

KTLA has put The Goldbergs and when they had The Middle at late night slots. The 2001 version of Card Sharks and the 2002 version of Pyramid for KCAL. All of Street Smarts' run was in an overnight slot when the show was on KCAL or KTLA.

KTZZ Seattle had Montel in primetime. They also aired Jenny Jones and Night Talk with Jane Whitney in the early '90s in those primetime slots. Similar format to WTLK-14 near Atlanta, which is now the ION affiliate, but KTZZ did air some barter cartoons and sitcoms/movies.
Some markets carried Jerry Springer in the late evening due to adult content...KSTW (as a CBS station) was one of them, preempting Tom Snyder to 1:35 and airing Jerry at 12:35.

I hadn't thought about this thread in a while, but I started it in 2005 that pertains to this subject when I went by ccmfan (Before I was banned by Mommie Dearest!!! :p): https://www.radiodiscussions.com/th...vent-other-stations-from-getting-them.454559/

I know now that with some stations overnight is for a second run or a dumping ground, but I still wonder if some stations do this to prevent the competition from getting some shows.
In Des Moines, The Good Dish airs overnight replacing Dr. Oz. Previously Kelly Clarkson aired at 12:35 am but switched to 3pm and Dr. Oz took it's place in December 2021 at 12:35 now occupied by the good dish. That airs on a CBS affiliate. Extra also airs late night at 1:35am

KDSM 17 a fox affiliate airs Maury at 3:30 am where it's been the last few years. Also it airs Daily Mail TV at Midnight and it's second episode at 5am.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom