• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Last Minute Stocking-Stuffer Idea...CINCINNATI-AREA AM FOR SALE

Who is it? WCVG?

Good question. Not too many details are given in the ad (probably for privacy)

It would also make a cool birthday gift...some people go for that middle-aged sports car purchase..how about a radio station to cure the blues?

:)

Anyway, I thought that I would share it. I was searching for an AM-FM receiver and it popped up..

Key words are "area" and "good daytime coverage". This leaves us with numerous possibilities including WDJO, WCVG,
even WMOH and WPFB. Apparently the nighttime signal really sucks in Cincy. Someone please make a counter offer or inquiry and enlighten us all! With this small amount of info, we're basically clueless.

Yeah, same old, same old. It's CVG. They said that they were going to aggressively market it if i didn't take it. That was a year ago. I told them good luck. I could have had it for under 400K. Frankly, from what i understand, they'd have taken anything north of 325.
I know that they thought this would be a quick flip. Many years later, here it sits, one of two or three AMs for sale in the area.

I'd run Sports on it. Local High School football/basketball and either pick up CBS Sports Radio or Yahoo Sports Radio. Not sure if their signal could be improved or not though in order to make it work financially

Yes, I think that local is the key. Their night signal nulls towards Cincinnati...but covers NKY well. I wonder if there is a HS sports network covering Northern KY sports...and I would include NKU in that mix. You could also include EKU and UK as well.

Hmmm.

Sounds interesting.

I was told by Dick Plessinger, that he was under agreement with the people he sold it to, to do the engineering and file with the FCC to get a new signal lobe to cover the east, toward Clermont County. Unfortunately, his bladder cancer took him before he could finish.

I was told by Dick Plessinger, that he was under agreement with the people he sold it to, to do the engineering and file with the FCC to get a new signal lobe to cover the east, toward Clermont County. Unfortunately, his bladder cancer took him before he could finish.

You never know, but if they really wanted to upgrade it, they could have found many engineers that could have done the work. My guess is that it was an idea, but not possible. That station is hemmed in pretty tight.

Anyone know who the new owner is that's planning to flip WCVG to a Jazz format? Is it that the current owner found a buyer or did they sign a LMA to some group or individual? I thought I heard them playing jazz last Sunday afternoon.

Last edited:
Anyone know who the new owner is that's planning to flip WCVG to a Jazz format? Is it that the current owner found a buyer or did they sign a LMA to some group or individual? I thought I heard them playing jazz last Sunday afternoon.

Jazz on AM...that would be cool to hear again. Was it smooth jazz or traditional? I will be monitoring on Sunday to see what they are playing. A quasi jazz and gospel format might be something different that the current owners are trying out on their own??? Who knows???

Let's see what happens.

Sounded like traditional Jazz to me. It might be a brokered program for an hour or two. I heard them playing it around 4PM about a month ago on a Sunday.

WCVG would probably be better off going with a satellite streaming service for their gospel music. That might help them cut costs. They must make some money though because they stay on their air somehow.

still for sale??

Just hearing gospel on this one...no jazz yet.

Can anyone on the board confirm it is still on the market or has it been sold or LMA'd?

I think the last posting had it listed for $549K around Christmas time.

Yes, it appears to be listed again. Does anyone have an idea of for what price it should go ? The asking price was $549K which seems high to me. Thoughts???

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom