• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

LaPowerFM 105.3

Maybe is a New Client 🤔. I guess they are going after Klol and Kama?
The voice guy sounds familiar but never heard him in the Houston market.

Didn't they try this format already several different times under several different names and several different frequencies? La Kalle, Rumba, and now this awful attempt at spanglish? First on 92.5, then 105.3, then at 92.5 again, then 102.5, then....I lost track after that.

What a joke of an operation.

What is the originating station that makes this translator a legal operation?
Maybe it is a Buc-ees station?

They are broadcasting from wells fargo plaza. The most power you can run at that roof top is 99-500watts without causing huge interference with other tenants. Kama 104.9 had many problems years back from the that same building and some tv stations had to move from that location. Bill Cordell runs a tight ship at that sight.

Didn't they try this format already several different times under several different names and several different frequencies? La Kalle, Rumba, and now this awful attempt at spanglish? First on 92.5, then 105.3, then at 92.5 again, then 102.5, then....I lost track after that.

What a joke of an operation.
Well La Calle is still on air on 102.5 and 880 AM and it’s being run by Latino Broadcasting.

Rumba is online abeing run by Platinomax.

This Power station hasn’t mentioned either of them. Why would they name the station in English and play only Spanish? And also it’s the person announcing the station uses a strong accent to say POWER.

This Power station hasn’t mentioned either of them. Why would they name the station in English and play only Spanish? And also it’s the person announcing the station uses a strong accent to say POWER.
Why would the top rock station in Buenos Aires use the name "Rock and Pop" for the last nearly 40 years?

Why would the #1 Spanish language station in LA call itself "Kay-Love" for the last 43 years?

Why would the leading A/C station in Puerto Rico have called itself "Fidelity" since the late 50's?

Why would the top rock station in Buenos Aires use the name "Rock and Pop" for the last nearly 40 years?

Why would the #1 Spanish language station in LA call itself "Kay-Love" for the last 43 years?

Why would the leading A/C station in Puerto Rico have called itself "Fidelity" since the late 50's?
The station in Buenos Aires says ROCK AND POP or ROCK Y POP?
KLOVE doesn’t say kei lof. It says it in English KLOVE.

The guy who does voice overs for this station speaks perfect English. It sounds like a Hispanic trying to ask for tacos en English.
Yes can I have a BHAR BHA COUA tacho

Texas Mix is still on KTWL... but this Power FM junk is running at such high power, I had a hard time picking up KTWL, even as far north as Conroe.

Still can’t find anything originating the programming on this xlator.

The station in Buenos Aires says ROCK AND POP or ROCK Y POP?
KLOVE doesn’t say kei lof. It says it in English KLOVE.

Actually is is "Rock & Pop" but on air it has always been "Rock and Pop".

I programmed a different station, also rock (but all Argentine rock) for about 6 years so am very familiar with the case.

See it at Fm Rock & Pop 95.9

And KLVE does not say "Klove". That is a misspelled spice. They say "Kay-love". I was interim PD of that station on two occasions while we looked for a person to occupy that position, so I know it quite well.

The guy who does voice overs for this station speaks perfect English. It sounds like a Hispanic trying to ask for tacos en English.
Yes can I have a BHAR BHA COUA tacho

So? Your point is? It's a low power, underfunded translator in a huge metro. It covers about 200,000 in a market of over 9 million.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom