• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

La Montana Colombia 4940kHz

My Shortwave DX this spring and summer has been almost as amazing as my winter AM DX from "Just East Of Gods Creation Nowhere Alaska". I'd post some SW logs regularly but just don't have the time. Maybe when the SW season winds down and I get ready for AM DX again, I'll psot a recap.

Anyways, late Saturday night June 26th local time (Sunday 0740UTC) I started having something show up on 4940khz. Using my 2 tunable, phased loops I fiddled around and connected my Sangean ATS909X2, set the tone to News and used the narrowest filter at 1.8khz to pull some stuff out.

Heres my audio of the station, its pretty rough but it starts off with talk and at 1 minute 20 seconds, you can clear as mud make out some music being played

The Tecsun PL880 I use 95 plus percent of the time for SW DXing is great ,but it's lowest audio filter is 2.3khz and doesnt have a different tone setting.. those 2 made the difference with this log from.. knowing something was there to... pulling something out of the mess.

Paul

Here's a picture of me at 0740UTC when the reception was happening, which is 11:40pm local time. No joke, no photo editing.. this photo was taken as I was listening to La Montana Colombia 4940kHz

unnamed.jpg

The midnight sun hits Alaska! Good going on that catch, Paul. I suppose Brazil 4885 makes its way up there often too? They make it to WA state quite often.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom