• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KYTE Newport OR deleted

Probably be posted on PDXRadio first then semoochie will forward it :) here.
I talked to my Lincoln City contact today and he swears that he hasn't picked up the station in months, despite numerous comments to the contrary! He tried again two days ago and was able to receive a somewhat distant translator but nothing on 102.7!

Pretty well slams the lid on all their arguments. Once the dust settles, it will be interesting to see if 102.7 ends up in the future round of auctions. Being licensed to Independence, OR. and Bald Mt. is a great site, assuming one can afford to power it themselves. Having worked for a station with 24/7 generator power, it certainly can be done, if done right, not half-assed.

Yeah I imagine the allotment will pop up in a future auction. Probably not in an auction the next year or two but a little after that to make sure the dust is completely settled. I imagine it will also attract quite a few bidders. I noticed before the Oregon allotments in the auctions usually have a healthy amount of interest compared to some other states. This allotment would probably be one of the top ones at auction considering it's location and how many people it gets.

Yeah I imagine the allotment will pop up in a future auction. Probably not in an auction the next year or two but a little after that to make sure the dust is completely settled. I imagine it will also attract quite a few bidders. I noticed before the Oregon allotments in the auctions usually have a healthy amount of interest compared to some other states. This allotment would probably be one of the top ones at auction considering it's location and how many people it gets.
The biggest problem is how over-served that area is with radio for the size. Especially these days; there is so much less ad revenue potential than there used to be, combined with the cost of building a new CP and renting space, makes a small market that much less interesting.

The latest on David Miller and KYTE:
First of all, there's no way that building is worth the claimed $750K. I'd say more like one-quarter of the claimed amount.
Secondly; Miller claims he wants to retire. By the time the bank gets through with him, he won't have a pot to piss in.
And finally; how much do you want to bet that of the $983,000 he borrowed, over half was used to pay his salary over the years?
All the shenanigans, games, and trying to cheat the rules got a perfectly good station deleted.

First of all, there's no way that building is worth the claimed $750K. I'd say more like one-quarter of the claimed amount.
Secondly; Miller claims he wants to retire. By the time the bank gets through with him, he won't have a pot to piss in.
And finally; how much do you want to bet that of the $983,000 he borrowed, over half was used to pay his salary over the years?
All the shenanigans, games, and trying to cheat the rules got a perfectly good station deleted.
You're absolutely right. There's a fully renovated building on the main road that has 3 apartments up, and 3 commercial spaces down for $995k that hasn't sold in 6 months. Miller's building is 8000 sq. ft. and much older. All he has at this point that is worth anything are the licenses and the KNPT tower site. KCRF is a C1, KNCU is a C3, KNPT has a translator and property, and KWDP AM is on a leased tower. KBCH AM serves Lincoln City and has it's own tower site but no translator. If the bank seizes the building and the equipment, what do you think the licenses are worth? Frankly, I wouldn't touch KWDP or KBCH. Maybe the owner of KPPT should offer Miller a few dollars for KCRF, KNCU, and KNPT and roll them into his operation. Retirement? Not likely.

If the bank seizes the building and the equipment, what do you think the licenses are worth? Frankly, I wouldn't touch KWDP or KBCH. Maybe the owner of KPPT should offer Miller a few dollars for KCRF, KNCU, and KNPT and roll them into his operation. Retirement? Not likely.
If it were me, I'd probably wait until the assets identified by the court didn't meet the payment targets of what's owed the bank. Then it goes back to the judge to seize additional assets. Miller may have no choice but to liquidate, and potentially the court might assign a Receiver. Depending on the urgency involved; I would be ready to offer the receiver an LMA to operate the remaining stations and protect the licenses and values until everything is sorted out. I'd want first right of refusal post LMA to purchase the remaining stations/assets and have the Receiver transfer the licenses. That way the remaining costs to purchase the stations would be only what's required to pay the outstanding debts. Miller, nor anyone else is going to make money off the sale and just the bank and court costs are made whole.

Yikes.. who didnt they owe money to would be a shorter list.

were they doing that poorly in billing, the owners taking the money for personal use, or what was going on here?

Back
Top Bottom