• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KXRO Content Director loses entire fire department

If that headline looks odd, it's because he is also a mayor...I guess in Grays Harbor County you can be both.

If that headline looks odd, it's because he is also a mayor...I guess in Grays Harbor County you can be both.

Where I am, our mayor is the morning host of the station I'm PD at

Locally, we saw this one coming. Mr. Pauley may be a one-term mayor.

Judas Priest, man! I just about tossed my Christmas cookies when I saw that headline. I thought several firefighters had lost their lives! Sheesh...

Last tech company I worked at I was asked to fire my entire nationwide department by email as we suddenly lost our funding stream. I insisted (and fortunately had the backing of a senior VP) that we at least let the department go by a group phone call. The whiz kid CEO "couldn't understand what the big deal was..."

I did find out he let go an entire workgroup (48 programmers and marketing folks) via group text a couple months later. Classy. But very modern.

Hey, people break up or get fired from a job these days with a text message. Welcome to the 21st-century.
One is personal, and one is professional. I don't have anything to do with Farsebook. It's a security and privacy Gong Show.
If the company I worked for were classless enough to fire me via Farsebook, I would have no idea they did. Same goes with any of my subordinates; if they quit via social media. I would have no idea until they didn't come in for work when scheduled.

One is personal, and one is professional. I don't have anything to do with Farsebook. It's a security and privacy Gong Show.
If the company I worked for were classless enough to fire me via Farsebook, I would have no idea they did. Same goes with any of my subordinates; if they quit via social media. I would have no idea until they didn't come in for work when scheduled.
I find it amusing that some people are amazed that I do not spend all day watching Facebook or Tweeting or on the now-myriad assortment of social media sites. And the only thing that goes tictok around here is my old mechanical timer.

I'm not a Luddite or a tech-challenged senior... I just have too many useful things to do.

I find it amusing that some people are amazed that I do not spend all day watching Facebook or Tweeting or on the now-myriad assortment of social media sites.
Back when I was in charge of the technical aspects of a fairly large government-funded TV and radio organization, we did an on-line audit of what sites were being visited on company workstations/laptops. 99% was Farsebook, with most continuous visits lasting at least 45 minutes, or more. Some employees totaled on average 6+ hours of their 8 hour workday logged into FB. The rest of the time was likely at lunch, or smoking outside under the satellite dishes.
When I showed the president the statistics, he thought we should consider blocking Farsebook entirely. Of course the News Director thought that was a horrible idea, and that the folks in the newsroom would probably revolt.
And the only thing that goes tictok around here is my old mechanical timer.
I've looked at TikTok, and don't see anything more than people acting silly, or video's of jerks being jerky in public. Anymore, I can see that sort of thing in real life.
I'm not a Luddite or a tech-challenged senior... I just have too many useful things to do.
I'm with you. Back when I got my security clearance, it was recommended that I stayed away from social media sites. Good advise.

Where I am, our mayor is the morning host of the station I'm PD at
Tomorrow morning, (Tues Jan 11) the mayor of Cosmopolis will be on the air on the KBKW local talk show, explaining what happened from his perspective. www.gograysharbor.com KBKW at either 7am or 8am.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom