• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KWFB Wichita Falls goes all Christmas

100.9 Jack-FM in Wichita Falls flipped to all Christmas today. The website is gone, I haven't heard any liners as of yet. The FB page hasn't been updated since early November. I'm suspecting the music is being done in house and Jack will not return in January. Sister station Big Country 97.5 has not done their annual switch to Christmas.

Link to Listen Live Player for "Santa 100.9" KWFB:

Direct streaming URL:
96 kbps 44.1 kHz AAC: >http://ais-sa1.streamon.fm/7807_96k.aac< (copy + paste -or- open in a browser tab/window)

Playlist via OnlineRadioBox (Listen Live also available):

Changeover occurred about 10:05 PM CT on Tuesday 12/5/2023.
Last (listed) song of previous format at 10:01 PM CT: Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg - Nuthin' But A "G" Thang
First (listed) song of Christmas format at 10:23 PM CT: Melissa Etheridge - Happy Xmas War Is Over

As expected, KWFB is now asking listeners to sign a petition to bring back Bob. I suspect Bob to return in January.

a stunt or did they make a mistake? I wonder if the name BOB for a station is protected
Bob-FM is a trademarked service of Kroeger Media. BOBFORMAT.COM

This is a stunt to generate interest in the upcoming change. Think of it like this, every single person who signs the petition will now be on the station's email marketing list. As someone who develops ideas to build station digital listener databases, this is quite clever and I'm upset I never thought of something similar for my station clients.

KWFB is running all Bob songs as of this morning. So far Ive caught Bob Marley and Bob Segar. The last several songs have all been Bob Segar. On air liners are using quotes from the film "What About Bob?" And promoting the petition website. Signing the petition instructs you to tune in Monday.

Overall, not a bad idea or execution to return the heritage branding.

question: Is wichita falls a rated market? i tried looking for numbers and can't seem to find anything. It looks like it has enough pop count to be rated but nothing.

question: Is wichita falls a rated market? i tried looking for numbers and can't seem to find anything. It looks like it has enough pop count to be rated but nothing.
Ratings aren't determined by pop count or market size, but whether any of the owners want to pay Nielsen to establish measurement.

Wichita Falls was measured by Nielsen until earlier this year when they were one of nine markets cancelled after Townsquare pulled out. The Fall 2022 ratings were the last ones offered, but since Townsquare was the only subscriber only their stations were listed. All Access has them archived (for now) here: Login to All Access | Breaking Radio News and Free New Music

seems like a dead market. @DavidEduardo any idea what this market generates yearly or even monthly in radio?
Market 237, and a dozen local commercial station. About $2.5 million total annual radio billing, biggest station does not do over $500 thousand a year in revenue. It is also an almost 0% growth market.

Bob relaunched at midnight, last stunting song was Bob Marley - No Woman, No Cry. First song as Bob was the Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hands To Yourself.

Back
Top Bottom