• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KSTE at 107.9

Only issue I have with the 93.1 signal is it gets very thin downtown between the buildings adding multipath problems and car radios in seek scan mode jumping the frequency. Otherwise a mono operation is adaquate with spoken word programming.
The Triple-A bus has long left the station quite some time ago. Other than possibly Denver, I can’t think of a profitable Triple-A anywhere. Seems as if IHeart has defied the ad houses with the soft AC approach in San Francisco. Kudos to 98.1’s success. Great to hear a familiar 70’s/80’s format back on the air in market #4! I wouldn’t object to that getting duplicated here. There can only be so many disposable country ad dollars in the Sacramento area. 3-country signals with a handful of rim shots out of Stockton/Modesto, Chico and Nevada City is absolute overkill. I would even dare say Hot AC, CHR and Urban are a bit over saturated in this region as well.

I think 93.1 is actually a good stick for KFBK. It's a rimshot FM but in mono and at that height it probably has a larger overall coverage area for in-car listening than 107.9 would.

Totally agree on another AC for this market. Look at what iHeart is doing in ratings with 93.7 - chipping away at 98.5 and 96.9. They could flip 92.5 to a soft AC (think KISQ) and get a piece of KYMX's share. The country format is overdone in this market and I believe 92.5 could do much better as a soft AC.

I've stopped holding my breath for Sacramento to ever get another Triple A.

I think 93.1 is actually a good stick for KFBK. It's a rimshot FM but in mono and at that height it probably has a larger overall coverage area for in-car listening than 107.9 would.

Totally agree on another AC for this market. Look at what iHeart is doing in ratings with 93.7 - chipping away at 98.5 and 96.9. They could flip 92.5 to a soft AC (think KISQ) and get a piece of KYMX's share. The country format is overdone in this market and I believe 92.5 could do much better as a soft AC.

I've stopped holding my breath for Sacramento to ever get another Triple A.

If we get a Triple A, it would be on a signal like 93.1 LOL. I agree though, a way better signal than 92.1. I live on the NE side and 93.1 is a bit rough in my next of the woods. Agree 100% regarding The Bull (92.5). Attention JammerDave, how is The Bull doing these days? That's the real question Big D, is it making money??

If we get a Triple A, it would be on a signal like 93.1 LOL. I agree though, a way better signal than 92.1. I live on the NE side and 93.1 is a bit rough in my next of the woods. Agree 100% regarding The Bull (92.5). Attention JammerDave, how is The Bull doing these days? That's the real question Big D, is it making money??

I dunno... I am not among the privileged that get to see useful ratings numbers. 12 +, 6+ are useless... No idea!

Entercom recently put an FM sports station on the air in San Diego (after an unsuccessful attempt at hot talk mixed with sports). Of course, Entercom already had rights to the San Diego Padres.

Would iHeart consider a full-power 107.9 for Sacramento's first FM sports station?

Interesting thought. Only Bonneville holds the rights to the Kings on KHTK. Don't know if there's enough revenue to do full sports talk on FM without a team in Sacramento to justify not doing a music format..

Entercom recently put an FM sports station on the air in San Diego (after an unsuccessful attempt at hot talk mixed with sports). Of course, Entercom already had rights to the San Diego Padres.

Would iHeart consider a full-power 107.9 for Sacramento's first FM sports station?

Somebody told the SD Reader that the morning show on that FM sports talker came up with asterisks with men 25-54 in one of the monthlies... If they're making any money on that thing it would be a hell of a power ratio.

Somebody told the SD Reader that the morning show on that FM sports talker came up with asterisks with men 25-54 in one of the monthlies... If they're making any money on that thing it would be a hell of a power ratio.

While it's possible I'm "losing it", I heard something full quieting on 107.9. It sounded like a clip from a movie and while I can't confirm or deny whether it might be a pirate, it was a strong. Has anyone heard anything on 107.9 as of late?

Somebody is on that frequency right now as of 4:35PM Monday,May 6, 2019. Some sorta talk programming. They are running a stereo pilot.

At the time I heard the broadcast, I was located in the shopping plaza at W. Elm Camino and Truxel parked in front of the Dominos Pizza restaurant. As I drove toward the 50 Connector on I-5 downtown, the signal quickly faded. I am guessing the signal may have been coming from the KSEG site though I can?t confirm.

Where you you located at?

I'm in Citrus Heights[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom