• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KSSE changing?

DavidEduardo

Moderator/Administrator
Staff member
The morning show was absent this morning and the website has been wiped of station details, jock features and promotions and replaced with some generic music stream feeds.

Wazzup?

The morning show was absent this morning and the website has been wiped of station details, jock features and promotions and replaced with some generic music stream feeds.

Wazzup?

I've always been interested in this station given it's reach. Is it still a trimulcast across the LA basin?

My Guess is it be reg mexican ...maybe david can get more info

Since José is more and more regional gold, any change would have to be very current driven. And to compete, I'd envision that the dual 103.1's would enter a simulcast. But that is just a guess.

They do have a full regional and a José in Palm Springs and several other markets such as Denver.

TBH, I could see this coming. The format seemed lost and confused as of late. So no real shocker there. But either way, I'm sad for all the friends I made there past and present. I was lucky enough to have been on air as a guest DJ several times, so for that I'm thankful to them. And how can I forget the many nights I got to work with them at various clubs and events in SoCal. Those were great nights. Good luck to everyone at Super.

I tuned in during lunch and they had a message running. Unfortunately everyone was loud in my car so I couldn't really hear what the message was.

It looks like it could be Rock, Clasico, Nuevo, or "Club SE" (a dance format, I assume).

David, I've never heard of a Nuevo format. Is this an all new music format?

It looks like it could be Rock, Clasico, Nuevo, or "Club SE" (a dance format, I assume).

David, I've never heard of a Nuevo format. Is this an all new music format?

It's been circulated that the new name will be La Sabrosita, and the format will be grupero / cumbia. This apparently comes from data conveyed to their client base.

I have no idea what "nuevo" means. Never heard it applied to a format.

Spanish rock has never worked other than in Argentina. "Clásico" in Spanish is covered by KLYY and KRCD.

I just heard the commercial. It's telling everyone that the station is flipping this Sunday at 11:59pm and to go to their website to hear those 4 formats... Clasico, Rock, Nuevo and Club SE. So I did that, and their site just has the 4 streams, nothing else.

I just heard the commercial. It's telling everyone that the station is flipping this Sunday at 11:59pm and to go to their website to hear those 4 formats... Clasico, Rock, Nuevo and Club SE. So I did that, and their site just has the 4 streams, nothing else.

The web streams are a replacement for the Superestrella contemporary blend and is apparently an effort to capture some of the revenue from the current format as they do a complete flip into a new genre and mix.

"Nuevo" is simply a new pop music discovery channel.

My Guess is it be reg mexican ...maybe david can get more info

Forgot to add: KSSE has a significantly inferior signal to the existing Regional Mexican players in the market. True Regional is not likely.

If this new La Sabrosita becomes a success, it's likely that Entravision will flip the other Super Estrella networks on KCVR, KMXA and KRRN.

Sad to see Spanish CHR format is disappearing in many U.S. markets.

On the station's player link: http://v6.player.abacast.net/1513
the "player-logo" in the upper left corner of the player has been updated, giving a clue as to what format may be coming to 107.1. It reads:

La Suavecita 107.1 FM
Con Todas Tus Favoritas
Loosely translated: "The Soft 107.1 FM" "With All Your Favorites"

Player logo photo link: http://d31wsou9chh9ss.cloudfront.net/0/mobile/images/1480714388/11324/300/200/PlayerLogo.jpg

On the "view source" page for the web player, the photo-logo title reads: "La Suavecita 107.1 Los Angeles"

To be determined: truth or misdirection...

On the station's player link: http://v6.player.abacast.net/1513
the "player-logo" in the upper left corner of the player has been updated, giving a clue as to what format may be coming to 107.1. It reads:

La Suavecita 107.1 FM
Con Todas Tus Favoritas
Loosely translated: "The Soft 107.1 FM" "With All Your Favorites"

On the "view source" page for the web player, the photo-logo title reads: "La Suavecita 107.1 Los Angeles"

To be determined: truth or misdirection...

http://lasuavecita.entravision.com/

This what they are presenting to clients.

Ksse fm

It's been circulated that the new name will be La Sabrosita, and the format will be grupero / cumbia. This apparently comes from data conveyed to their client base.

I have no idea what "nuevo" means. Never heard it applied to a format.

Spanish rock has never worked other than in Argentina. "Clásico" in Spanish is covered by KLYY and KRCD.

LOOK Like david is right website already up

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom