• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KRLD-AM Station ID changes

In the past few weeks, I've noticed that KRLD-AM has been identifying solely as KRLD-AM and KRLD-FM HD2 only. A few months back, I regularly heard KRLD-AM, KRLD-HD, and KRLD-FM HD2 mentioned as part of the station ID. This leads me to believe that the station must've stopped broadcasting in AM HD. Can someone with an HD radio capable of AM HD confirm that KRLD in fact did this change?

They DONOT need to say AM in the legal ID and I'm not even sure they have to ID the HD signal on AM...why they are doing all that makes me shake my head..

All they are required to say is "KRLD and KRLD-FM HD2 Dallas"

It's possible they turned off the HD on the AM . All you need to do is go one channel up and down and see if you hear the hash

HD signals do need to be separately identified regardless if they're on AM or FM. And -AM is not legally part of a call sign, since AM is still considered to be the "standard broadcast band" and thus doesn't require any special identification. However I believe the FCC allows an AM/FM simulcast to be ID'ed as "WXYZ-AM and FM, City Of License" rather than the awkward "WXYZ and WXYZ-FM, City Of License" (or if you want to be really pedantic about the way the rule was written, "WXYZ, City Of License and WXYZ-FM, City Of License").

KRLD-AM HD has been off since mid June. And do HD1 stations have to be identified? I’ve heard a few not ID HD

KRLD-AM HD has been off since mid June. And do HD1 stations have to be identified? I’ve heard a few not ID HD
Yes, they do, but many don't bother, or bury the HD ID in the middle of a stopset at :45 and only run the main station ID at the actual top of hour.

Reactions: HTX
Oh, I guess that's a reason why KRLD hasn't been identifying as KRLD-AM HD. I always wondered why the station decided to do this, especially since I've rarely listened to them for the past few weeks.

KFLC 1270 still had AM-HD going at a daytime check in DFW a couple of weeks ago. I don't think they've ever run it at night.

To be honest, I never understood why KRLD had HD on their AM signal. It sounded nice and clear, but wasn't essential.

To be honest, I never understood why KRLD had HD on their AM signal. It sounded nice and clear, but wasn't essential.
It’s also on 105.3 HD2. Although KRLD was pretty much the only AM HD I could sometimes get at night in Houston

Yep it worked pretty well. Now there are zero AM-HD stations I can receive. 1270 is out of range, HD never locks.

KRLD AM recently got HD back. I was able to lock it in HD in northern Houston last night and tonight.

KRLD AM recently got HD back. I was able to lock it in HD in northern Houston last night and tonight.
For some reason my Sangean radio won't lock on to the KRLD AM HD, just flashes "HD-HD...". Before their HD outage it locked within a few seconds.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom