• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KRDC-AM 1110 Off the Air

Noticed this afternoon that KRDC-AM 1110 was off the air. As of this posting, it still hasn’t come back on. Wonder what’s going on? Transmitter issues?

About 2 weeks ago around 2 AM they had tone on ,testing for some reason. I spoke with somebody that would know and they said they may have been working on an FM translator antenna they are putting up or did put up on one of their towers.
Last night ( 1/21 ) at 9:30 PM I heard tone ,I am sure it was them. The tone was there at 4 AM still.
I'm hearing them in Northern Calif. via skywave and all indications point to this tone being them.

Afew questions ... I thought testing could only be done after 12 Mid ... and I guess they don't have many listeners ,if they were willing to test at 9:30 PM ,Sunday ?

Al

Afew questions ... I thought testing could only be done after 12 Mid ... and I guess they don't have many listeners ,if they were willing to test at 9:30 PM ,Sunday ?
Al

There isn't a rule that says you can only run tests after midnight. For practical purposes (in other words: if you don't want to lose revenue) stations generally limit their engineering work to midnight to 5 AM.

However, for a station like this that probably is making no money at all, there's not much of a difference between doing work at 9:00 on a Sunday night or 12:01 AM Monday morning. If you need to get stuff done, you get it done.

For AM stations, transmitter system testing using daytime power and directional pattern must be conducted between the hours of midnight and 6AM local time.
During the testing, there must be no commercial activity. Regular programming is okay ... just no commercials.

No worries just a technical issue I spoke with their Chief

I was wondering the samething, Why did they flip?

The Disney Country format was a big company priority last year, and they put it on the broadcast frequency in order to attract popular artist guests.

Meanwhile the pop format is available on KRTH's HD-2.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom