• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KPQS-FM Waterford

Thanks. Some time ago, I called one of the HTM sister stations and asked about KPQS. The DJ said KPQS got hit by lightning and it tore up the audio feed, etc. Besides KPQS, I suspect a similar "sounds of silence" might be had by HTM's KEGT San Miguel.

HTM has several Texas stations that never broadcast since 2017 or so. LOL

No wonder then I heard one of this company's stations had it's tower equipment sold off by the tower owners for lack of rent payment. They spent lots of money and can't keep them all on now.

An additional e-mail was posted today by the FCC originating with BJ Mora of KGCE-LP/Modesto (107.9!):

"Dear Attorney (Christine) Goepp,

I just received a courtesy copy of the Letter of Inquiry to the above station (as we filed the IO in January, 2022), thank you."

"The Letter states that KPQS' lease on their former American Tower near Waterford was canceled in June, 2021.
Interestingly, since we filed the IQ, KPQS has more or less been back on the air since February, 2022... but I don't see any alternate filings for a different tower/transmitter location... could they have cleared up their previous issue with American Tower? Or are they currently operating from an unauthorized location? I don't know, but I thought you/the FCC might wish to know... "

.... Looks like we have some finger-pointing....

An additional e-mail was posted today by the FCC originating with BJ Mora of KGCE-LP/Modesto (107.9!):

"Dear Attorney (Christine) Goepp,

I just received a courtesy copy of the Letter of Inquiry to the above station (as we filed the IO in January, 2022), thank you."

"The Letter states that KPQS' lease on their former American Tower near Waterford was canceled in June, 2021.
Interestingly, since we filed the IQ, KPQS has more or less been back on the air since February, 2022... but I don't see any alternate filings for a different tower/transmitter location... could they have cleared up their previous issue with American Tower? Or are they currently operating from an unauthorized location? I don't know, but I thought you/the FCC might wish to know... "

.... Looks like we have some finger-pointing....

now im confused what this LPFM has to do with KPQS?

Listening to the various HTM independent audio streams on the Internet I do not hear any KPQS IDs so it must be a local computer playout machine.

A look at HTM's San Miguel outlet (KEGT, 106.5) shows their license renewal paperwork has been in "pending" status since July, 2021. Perhaps more trees will fall soon for HTM.

Oh wow! So "La Fiera" KHMU is co-located with AOTS's La Nueva KAFY at their southside Shafter studios. KAFY runs a Spanish religious format with a not-so-acceptable translator arrangements for their Indio, California affiliate signal, e.g. Internet fed from a distant site. If you want to see the studios they're at 3801 Santa Fe Way, Shafter... Hmmm, what's that FM antenna on the building there.? Why that would be the KAFY-AM's cross-service translator K239BB 102.1 MHz but certainly not 60 meters RADCEN above the valley floor. Hmmm....

Station IDs as "Bakersfield, Buttonwillow and Shafter."

Last edited:
Looks like 60 feet, but taking up the spectrum footprint of 200 feet. Hopefully not precluding any future LPFM or translators.

Also seems to be pushing the limits of the 3-second geographic offset.

Google Street View screen shots are pretty damning as 3rd party evidence of antenna placement.

Oh wow! So "La Fiera" KHMU is co-located with AOTS's La Nueva KAFY at their southside Shafter studios. KAFY runs a Spanish religious format with a not-so-acceptable translator arrangements for their Indio, California affiliate signal, e.g. Internet fed from a distant site. If you want to see the studios they're at 3801 Santa Fe Way, Shafter... Hmmm, what's that FM antenna on the building there.? Why that would be the KAFY-AM's cross-service translator K239BB 102.1 MHz but certainly not 60 meters RADCEN above the valley floor. Hmmm....

Station IDs as "Bakersfield, Buttonwillow and Shafter."

That appears to be the 1100am translator as its currently licensed on 95.7, the 102.1 is just a CP right now, it would seem

The "West Coast" HTM streaming audio feed based at KUKY, Wellton, Arizona (Yuma) area seems to have disappeared. Even their "West Coast" audio app no longer works. The "New Mexico" based cluster still streams however, supporting stations like KQHM in Zapata, Texas or WAJP in Perry, Florida.

Listening to the KALN, Radio Amigo national stream I do at least hear an actual "KPQS Modesto" ID buried in with the TOH IDs along with all the other stations and translators...

Just because they give an ID on the web stream does not mean the station is on the air. Hispanic Target Media has these stations licensed:
I wonder how many of these stations in California are actually on the air?

KHMU(FM) 100.9 MHz Buttonwillow CA
KOHM(FM) 105.7 MHz Ch. 289 Ridgecrest CA
KHMJ(FM) 95.1 MHz Trona CA
KEGT(FM) 106.5 MHz San Miguel CA
KUTM(FM) 92.7 MHz Kerman CA
KPQS(FM) 106.7 MHz Waterford CA
KPQW(FM) 106.3 MHz Willows CA

Just because they give an ID on the web stream does not mean the station is on the air. Hispanic Target Media has these stations licensed:
I wonder how many of these stations in California are actually on the air?

KHMU(FM) 100.9 MHz Buttonwillow CA
KOHM(FM) 105.7 MHz Ch. 289 Ridgecrest CA
KHMJ(FM) 95.1 MHz Trona CA
KEGT(FM) 106.5 MHz San Miguel CA
KUTM(FM) 92.7 MHz Kerman CA
KPQS(FM) 106.7 MHz Waterford CA
KPQW(FM) 106.3 MHz Willows CA

At one time, 92.7 and 106.3 were on the air.. i heard them from Wyoming

Back
Top Bottom