• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Knoxville's Love 89 and Life 88.3 Sold to EMF

E

Elkhosen

Kind of a shock to the locals!!

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/149457/2/East-Tennessee-Christian-stations-Love-891-and-Life-883-sold-to-national-network?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE|default|t

A lot of people are going to miss the "live and local" of Love 89 and Life 88.3 too. I guess they just couldn't make the budget any longer :(

Christian hits "Love 89" had been on-air since Valentine's Day 1993. "Life 88.3" is more middle-of-the-road Christian AC and had only been that since '08.

On a bright note, both station were purchased by EMF -- a class act. K-Love and Air 1 are good stuff, IMHO. Glad the Christian music formats are going to be retained.

Best wishes to all the staff and DJ's at these stations that find themselves looking for work in 2011! We'll miss you!

That's definitely better than how it turned out with Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville selling WNAZ to Bott. This is supposed to be their last week with Bott taking over Jan.1. It's sad that they sold out to a group they knew had no intention of keeping a CCM format.

Yeah, at least we're keeping Christian MUSIC on the FM dial! I really hate seeing talk stations slowly take over the FM band. I know AM is barely noticed by so many these days, but still...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom