• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KMXA 1090KHZ Aurora CO Booming in SW Ohio

Sunday 11/8/2009 9:00PM Eastern

KMXA 50kw day/.5kw nights DA-2
I.D. with call letters in English "KMXA", rest in spanish.
Regional Mexican Music following ID.
I assume the forgot to switch to night power

Get it while you can.

Of course, this may be a regular at sunrise and sunset for everyone but me.

Funny you mention them. I logged them too for the first time last night around 9pm EST, a 985 mile catch for me and my 2nd from Colorado now. They were // to FM KXPK and were IDing as "KXPK" with many mentions of "Punto Cinco!" and playing Mexican flavored music. I have audio if anyone's interested.

The KMXA I.D. was top of the hour, and I didn't listen further, not that I don't like regional Mexican, mind you. Since they are parallel to FM sig, makes sense they normally make no interruptions to the FM broadcast.

I was also getting weak but readable sigs from 540/XEWA & 900/XEW with news in parallel. Faded about 4 past 10PM Eastern. They are not very frequent visitors here in SW Ohio. Usually hear the WI sports station on 540 and Canada on 900.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom