• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KMPH Am 840

Newly signed on after being silent for a while from Modesto California with a 5000 watt signal that covers a good portion of the central valley. Positioning as " grafitti gold" with lots of 50's and 60's hits. It is automated and does not stream . It reminds me of somewhat of WMID. A welcome addition in Northern CA.

On August 14 this brief review appeared on Yelp: "Not since the late '60s when Gary Stites and Jerry Jay were spinning the wax at KTRB has it sounded so great in Modesto." I hope the station eventually starts streaming. But what happened to the website? When I try to go to kmph840.com all I get is a warning from "Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall." Huh???

On August 14 this brief review appeared on Yelp: "Not since the late '60s when Gary Stites and Jerry Jay were spinning the wax at KTRB has it sounded so great in Modesto." I hope the station eventually starts streaming. But what happened to the website? When I try to go to kmph840.com all I get is a warning from "Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall." Huh???

It's on TuneIn Radio now... I'm listening to it from here in Wisconsin. It's different!

For any area where 'Graffiti-Gold' can still work, I'd suggest combining the following genres:

early rock (pre '64)
R&B classics
'surf' music
'Carolina beach' music (where appropriate)
Doo-Wop
rockabilly (MAYBE)

http://kmph840.com/

Thanks for the tip, this station is fantastic better than WMID IMHO and I live within the coverage of WMID. Glad for the internet so I can listen. I looked up their address on a map site and saw an old building in an old lot with a trailer on it, the funny thing is there were old calls letters and frequency on the side kinda ripped down so I could not make out the calls or frequency it looked like 860 am. BTW love the gun ads armed and ready :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom