• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KLUV Slowly adding 90's artists

Bing Crosby isn't my idea of how radio was in the 70's and 80's and definitely not today.

My point is every generation does things their way. You did things your way. Bing did it his way. Today's people do it their way.

Don't like it? So what? You don't hear Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach attacking today's football players. Show a little class.

What? Ah - I guess I missed a paragraph or "post" or something!

Maybe you don't understand. Bing was the first voice tracker. He did a radio show in the 30s. Back then, they couldn't play records. Against union rules. They had to sing with a live band. Could YOU do that? I doubt it. Early radio people might look at your generation as cheaters, because you just played other people's music, not your own. Back then, all the music was live, not on disc. Your generation said it's OK to be a disc jockey, and play someone else's music. This generation is just taking it one step further.

Why is it every time one of these threads pops up, when I go to the station playlist in question, I don't see (in this case) much, if any, 90's.

I scanned the Sunday playlist and saw:
Duran Duran - Ordinary World

If anything, they're playing more 80's than before. I didn't see much 90's.

Some people probably get the late 80's/90's mixed up. For the exception of gangsta rap, late 80's and early 90's music sounds very similar. Not to mention a lot of artist who became big in the 80's were still making hits in the 90's such as Michael Jackson, Prince, Phil Collins, Def Leppard, Depeche Mode, etc.

K-Earth in Los Angeles also owned by CBS also started playing 90's music not to long ago. Although I've checked this stations playlist on their website and didn't find any 90's songs. I'm sure some 90's rock like U2, The Heights, The Cure, 90's Phil Collins/Genesis, RHCP, would test well next to some 80's classic rock songs they play. Pop wise I'd expect them to play Bryan Adams, Michael Jackson's Black or White, and maybe songs like En Vogue's Never Gonna Get It or Salt N Pepa's Whattaman, and Depeche Mode's Enjoy the Silence.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom