• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KLTN audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's "quite possible" that the processor at KLTN suffered "fatal" damage such as, theoretically, a lightning strike might have caused. That requires either buying a replacement when it was found that the unit was beyond repair or taking the steps to employ computer driven processing. Both, in today's "you'll have to wait" environment, take time.

Have you noticed the increase in station filings for long reduced power or silent facility with the FCC? That is because many items are not stocked and have to be made or ordered, often from overseas. Remember, most components in electronic gear are not made in the US any more.
Everything technical is on hilarious backlog nowadays... I work in IT for a living and end up seeing 30-40 week lead times on pieces of critical production network gear. Because of that, it's always good to have spares on hand.

Everything technical is on hilarious backlog nowadays... I work in IT for a living and end up seeing 30-40 week lead times on pieces of critical production network gear. Because of that, it's always good to have spares on hand.
I am planning on a new build when the next Ryzen Threadripper comes out... rumored to be in this quarter.

To be ready, I am ordering the components in advance of the CPU and motherboard. Have my 6 20tb hard drives already, as there will be no changes in spinning drives in next 6 months. I have my case, as a box is a box. I have the video card, and the liquid cooler will be ordered when I am sure it will be equipped with the mount hardware. I'll order the new generation SSDs soon, once I see what the best speeds will be but looking at 12,000 read and write as a goal. Am ordering my RAID card this week and will populate it with 6 x 2 tb PCIE 5 drives, along with buying 3 x 1 tb PCIE 5 boot drives (one main, two alternate day backups) and I buy these from three separate brands to avoid a potential firmware fail on any one brand.

All this to be ready with no delays for the CPU and MB to be released.

I am planning on a new build when the next Ryzen Threadripper comes out... rumored to be in this quarter.

To be ready, I am ordering the components in advance of the CPU and motherboard. Have my 6 20tb hard drives already, as there will be no changes in spinning drives in next 6 months. I have my case, as a box is a box. I have the video card, and the liquid cooler will be ordered when I am sure it will be equipped with the mount hardware. I'll order the new generation SSDs soon, once I see what the best speeds will be but looking at 12,000 read and write as a goal. Am ordering my RAID card this week and will populate it with 6 x 2 tb PCIE 5 drives, along with buying 3 x 1 tb PCIE 5 boot drives (one main, two alternate day backups) and I buy these from three separate brands to avoid a potential firmware fail on any one brand.

The planning and logistics of having everything together is more complicated than it once was.

The planning and logistics of having everything together is more complicated than it once was.
And my point is that lots of broadcast equipment requires pre-ordering, and since the majority of more prosperous stations are on some kind of digital system, not every device talks easily with every other one.

Holy crap... that's quite the build! I personally just run an M1 Max MacBook Pro and keep large data on a 48TB NAS or in OneDrive. My home network is very much over the top, though 😂

Oh yeah? But will you be able to run Crysis at 60 fps?

(It's a joke....don't answer that)

If marti does look at this board can you take a look at Kltn in the Morning .. When raul is doing his show from his house they get some peaking noise from his mic it gets annoying

I'm impressed they actually have listeners to their SHOUTcast stream, hosted off of a cable modem. Guarantee one of the "listeners" is the Barix box directly feeding their overpowered xmtr.

Digging around what else is on that IP, you can also find that the transmitter for 92.5 is running at 2000W.... Interesting.View attachment 5239
Will the poster of this screenshot please repost with the content cropped from the top and bottom included?

Promise it’s not. Guess I should’ve included the address bar in my screenshot.
Probably a good thing you didn’t. Who knows what someone would have done if you could change any of that without a password. Would have been great if someone changed it to 28 watts.

Probably a good thing you didn’t. Who knows what someone would have done if you could change any of that without a password. Would have been great if someone changed it to 28 watts.
They seemed to have pulled the port forward off of the cable modem shortly after I posted the screenshot, so no big deal either way 😂

I think it is important to now that Those two users questioning you seem to be newer accounts.
Very good point. They’re probably clowns that were planted by Guel and Co.

You are, of course, aware that it is illegal to access a radio station's control systems? It makes no difference that the door was inadvertently left "unlocked.". Perhaps you are aware of a similar entry at KMJQ that's still under investigation? Local radio station says hack causes slur to appear on display
Nothing illegal about accessing a wide open web page and taking a picture of it. If I tampered with your transmitter control to have it actually operate within legally licensed parameters, then it would be illegal. This is no different than the Google search bots scanning the internet.

Nothing illegal about accessing a wide open web page and taking a picture of it. If I tampered with your transmitter control to have it actually operate within legally licensed parameters, then it would be illegal. This is no different than the Google search bots scanning the internet.
Lol imagine getting told what’s illegal from an illegal operator.

Your statements lack credibility. You and others use this social media website and on a regular basis accuse a licensee of illegal operations, to-wit, excessive power. Complaints are filed, causing the licensee to undergo unnecessary inspections that determined the licensee is properly operating within the contours of his license. Now, suddenly, you access the licensee's transmitter and publish "proof" of your allegations that the station is overpowered.

The IP of any internet-connected device is not hard to discover, but transmitters also require a user name and password to enter the control menus. Granted, the administrator default login was probably easy to look up, but it is still illegal for someone to access without proper authorization. Especially, whereas here, the power level was raised by someone accessing the transmitter without authorization, and then pictures of excessive power are publish by you on social media. As far as you are concerned, we have motive, means, and opportunity. Your access is now blocked. Do not attempt to access the transmitter again.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HTX
That also implies that there was a prompt to enter credentials.

Hint: there wasn’t.

Don’t try to use the perception of cluelessness as a crutch for operating a transmitter at 8700% of the licensed power.

Last edited:
Reactions: HTX
Complaints are filed, causing the licensee to undergo unnecessary inspections that determined the licensee is properly operating within the contours of his license.
If that’s true then someone needs to be fired. 92.5 is supposed to block coverage to the east. Why is it heard well beyond Baytown? LPFMs in Houston like KJJG and KHGF can’t even get out a mile without interference.

Let’s just say these inspections somehow found 92.5 and 105.3 to be legally powered. Did they not check for the originating station whenever 92.5 is separate from 97.5’s programming? Or checking 105.3’s no longer existent (for over a year) HD3? Did they check that KWTL that’s mentioned in the legal ID is still Texas Mix and has crazy interference inside of that contour?

Care to prove me wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom