• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KLOVE Morning show moving to Indy!

Saw this on All Access:

"Hosts LISA WILLIAMS and ERIC ALLEN of EMF BROADCASTING Christian AC K-LOVE RADIO NETWORK morning show "K-LOVE MORNINGS WITH LISA AND ERIC" are moving from EMF headquarters in ROCKLIN, CA to INDIANAPOLIS. The morning show will broadcast from the K-LOVE studios at WKLU/INDIANAPOLIS."

Is this the precursor to splitting the network (either regionally or into two distinct brands), or could this be some type of cost cutting measure, such as downsizing or forgoing an expansion to the facility in Rocklin?

No, it's the same morning show they've had since Jon and Sherry Rivers left the air earlier in the year.

On K-Love's site it mentions that by moving to Indy, Lisa and Eric-and their families-will no longer have to deal with the 3 AM start time on the West Coast. I could eventually see Air1's morning show doing the same, at WQRA/Indianapolis. Both networks' night shifts could still be done from Rocklin.

William_Yeager said:
No, it's the same morning show they've had since Jon and Sherry Rivers left the air earlier in the year.
On K-Love's site it mentions that by moving to Indy, Lisa and Eric-and their families-will no longer have to deal with the 3 AM start time on the West Coast. I could eventually see Air1's morning show doing the same, at WQRA/Indianapolis. Both networks' night shifts could still be done from Rocklin.

Also they both have extended family out on this side of the country (reading the blog mention about the change)...

I don't think they are going to go to a East and West Feeds at this point.. I think this is more of a change to allow the morning show talent more time with family while also establishing a network studio in Indy which would allow Indy to serve as a point of Network Operation if something would happen in Rocklin (we all know California is prone to fires, earthquakes...etc.)

This is a brilliant move for K-Love...their 'right coast' North American audience will benefit as will their hosts, as it is so much easier to relate to mornings when it is actually 'morning' rather than the dark hours of the comfy studios in California. How they've managed to sound so 'jazzed', 'fresh' and alive for the east coast crowd at their 2am is nothing short of miraculous, but that will be energy better directed at 5-6am in the east/central time zones.

Indy is not Cali, but it sound like the Divine move which has opened arms to some very special broadcasters who are revolutionizing ministry by the very things which moves well: music to the masses and hand to hand outreach.

God bless all you do K-Love gang, you are truly awesome and so very relevant.

Bill Alley
WINY's Juke Box Gold
1350AM/Putnam CT
[email protected]

William_Yeager said:
I could eventually see Air1's morning show doing the same, at WQRA/Indianapolis. Both networks' night shifts could still be done from Rocklin.

According to a November 19th Air 1 blog, morning show host Sean Copeland will also be moving to Indianapolis to host the Air 1 morning show.

http://www.air1.com/blog/

I suspect as someone mentioned it's all about "Cost cutting".

It's possible they'll move everything to Indy. By doing so, they'll save a ton of money as Indy living costs a lot less than Sacramento.

Donations to noncomm Christian stations are down BIG TIME. However, Indiana seems to be a very good area for Christian Support. I know the Fort Wayne, IN Christian stations do very well as we looked into buying a station in this area...but too much competition already there for a mom and pop move in.

It's a great time to move the entire biz to Indy. Many of their employess will choose to stay in Sacramento because of family, etc... With that said, K-LOVE will be able to cut a lot of staff without looking like a bad guy.

Just a thought josh

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom