• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KKSE 92.5 FM weak signal as of December 7, 2021

All of a sudden, as of Tuesday, December 7, I'm receiving a significant weaker signal for KKSE 92.5 FM in eastern Boulder County/Longmont area to the point where it's almost all static, and verified this happens on multiple radios. I do note the the previous KKSE-FM discussion from October this year but all was fine until early this week in the first week of December. From that discussion, if the KKSE transmission height on the tower was indeed lowered, why would I just start experiencing the signal degradation now?

KKSE-FM won't reply back to me, when I asked about signal problems.

Any insights would be appreciated!

All of a sudden, as of Tuesday, December 7, I'm receiving a significant weaker signal for KKSE 92.5 FM in eastern Boulder County/Longmont area to the point where it's almost all static, and verified this happens on multiple radios. I do note the the previous KKSE-FM discussion from October this year but all was fine until early this week in the first week of December. From that discussion, if the KKSE transmission height on the tower was indeed lowered, why would I just start experiencing the signal degradation now?

KKSE-FM won't reply back to me, when I asked about signal problems.

Any insights would be appreciated!

I just called Kroenke's Director of Engineering and this is what he said, posted with his permission:

There was a catastrophic failure of both the main and auxiliary transmitters up on Dacono and the parts for repair were just picked up tonight. They've been running 1200 Watts from the roof of the Frist Bank/Republic Plaza building at 17th and Tremont.

Things should be back to normal sometime tomorrow, @pschow

Both on air and operations staff have been told to tell people its temporary transmitter issues and the signal would be back to normal in a few days, so I don't know why you never heard from anyone.

I just called Kroenke's Director of Engineering and this is what he said, posted with his permission:

There was a catastrophic failure of both the main and auxiliary transmitters up on Dacono and the parts for repair were just picked up tonight. They've been running 1200 Watts from the roof of the Frist Bank/Republic Plaza building at 17th and Tremont.

Both on air and operations staff have been told to tell people its temporary transmitter issues and the signal would be back to normal in a few days, so I don't know why you never heard from anyone.

Thanks so much for the information!!

I can only guess that they wouldn't respond to me because it could be perceived as a sign of weakness to their competitors that they've been running on very low power, especially with their position in the marketplace.

So glad I found this valuable resource.

Thanks so much for the information!!

I can only guess that they wouldn't respond to me because it could be perceived as a sign of weakness to their competitors that they've been running on very low power, especially with their position in the marketplace.

So glad I found this valuable resource.
Most engineers will be quick to help a competitor if they need a part or extra hands on a project. Its a tight knit community, especially in Denver.

My experience has been that, when something like this happens, it’s “all hands on deck.” Responding to listener questions or complaints isn’t a high priority when you're just trying to keep things going and advertisers are making noise. Pretty much everyone is overextended in these situations. A lot goes on behind the scenes that the average listener knows nothing about.

Thanks for the response, I was wondering that too!

Theyre back on the main tower but at somewhat reduced power... what that power is, i dont know.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom